Officer Campaign

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Officer Campaign

Post by Catalyse »

It has been some time since I last ran for something in TRR. There is not much I want to say because in all honesty I don't have "great plan" for any office.

My first choice would be Foreign Affairs - this has been a position in which I've been in before, and in particular while I was Delegate, was something that I think we did good progess in. This is the main area this thread will be focusing in, even if this thread will be rather brief, I guess.

Second preference would have been culture, but I have to admit I'd rather have DeadEye Jack be in charge of Culture than me as when he was Culture Officer he was excellent in that position and I'm sure he'd be great at it again.

A far off third preference is Outreach, but perhaps I'd rather take it over Culture if Jack becomes Officer, which unless he decides to withdraw his candidacy, I'm sure he will. I don't have many great plans for outreach - perhaps recycling some previous ideas, such as RMB or Delegate-endorsing awards, newsletters for the RMB crowd, and such things that we've done before. I would also like to revisit the idea of a monthly newsletter for the region-side population as way to get informed, and perhaps interested in off-site stuff, which would basically work as foreign update for internal consumption, though probably something more brief than the updates usually are.

Of the current four offices the one I wouldn't want to be in charge of at all would the WA one. I have no experience and little to no interest in managing things such as a WA programme. In the end I wouldn't mind being given some more unhortodox assignment, if Sarah comes up with an interesting proposal.

On Foreign Affairs, I have no intention of trying to reinvent how Foreign Affairs works. For the most part our current embassy policy works, as does our "ambassadorial programme". I don't think there's any use in reinventing the concepts of embassies or ambassadors in NS.

A bit of managerial work, but I'd like to take a look at our current treaties. For example, of the XYZ treaty we're currently the only region that remains active. As someone said, repealing a treaty is not exactly exciting campaign stuff, but this is just a bit of what I'd go through with the Delegate in trying to comb through our treaties, and embassies, and seeing what can be retired and what can be put to good use.

On the topic of treaties, I'd also like us to utilize some of our treaties. I don't think we'd be able to hold an event with another region but organizing something in the mid-term with our partners of the January Accords would be something I'd be happy to discuss with TSP, TEP and with the Delegate and the Culture Officer.

This might be stretching too much in Culture territory, but we could also hold smaller events - we could hold some RMB games with other regions, in the past there have been games of Rock/Paper/Scissors with other regions using the poll function, for example, but we could aslo gently invite other regions, particularly ones from whom people have in the past participated in discord games, to partake in things such as Popmaster, or we could organize regional teams for games such as Codenames. These things can work outside larger events, like festivals, and would be easier to organize.

This is perhaps an underwhelming campaign but maybe Gorundu can shut up now.
Formerly former things.
Lansaka
Nation: Lansaka
Discord: TheOriginalGoatMan2#9211

Re: Officer Campaign

Post by Lansaka »

"Don't even try to muscle into my territory."

Well written. You have my support (for FA).
Author of the NS Issue "Crushed Dreams"

Soldier in the RRA

Culture Staff Member

NationStates: Lansaka
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

How would you handle this embassy request? viewtopic.php?p=10034606#p10034606

We've had a lot of discussion on the discord about the right to life embassy and if we should close it, what do you think we should do there?
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Post by Gorundu »

Catalyse wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 20:48
This is perhaps an underwhelming campaign but maybe Gorundu can shut up now.
YOU CAN'T SILENCE ME
Officer of TNP Affairs
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Which one of our alliances is most underutilised and has more room to grow?
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

Sarah wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 23:24
How would you handle this embassy request? viewtopic.php?p=10034606#p10034606
Seems to be a very normal application besides the presentation whichs seems a bit more officially. I'm not aware of much about the FNR, besides it being CrystalSummer's region, who has been involved in some questionable stuff in the past, though probably not maliciously so, I dunno the details.

I'd accept it. And reply in kind with assigning an ambassador/assigning myself until someone else could be found. Often foreign affairs are very GCR focused, perhaps because we too are a GCR, perhaps because GCRs are the most active gameplay regions around. I dunno if FNR would be the region for it, but a region that seems active and with who we share some membership is alway a good place to start doing something more than just embassies.
Sarah wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 23:24
We've had a lot of discussion on the discord about the right to life embassy and if we should close it, what do you think we should do there?

Personally I couldn't care less. We have had no cooperation or even contact with RtL ever since CD left and not even their embassy is active right now, probably ours in their region hasn't seen use either. If people really want to close the embassy and the delegate wishes to so too, I wouldn't oppose doing so, but having an embassy is the bare minimum of diplomacy in NationStates, it's basic prerequisite is showing up, so I wouldn't put much importance on us having or not having an embassy with RtL.
frattastan wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 16:22
Which one of our alliances is most underutilised and has more room to grow?
Most likely the January Accords. It'd be nice to seek something with TEP particularly after Fedele was removed. TEP already works with libcord, for example, but we could also organize similar thing as the RRA has done so with the NPA and SPSF - though this would most likely require an addition to the treaty, or one focused on TEP - which you'd find superflous - as the January Accords don't currently cover military cooperation.

A bit too focused on the TEP side of the January Accords, but that's only because I feel the ties we have with TSP aren't really as dependent on this treaty as our's with TEP are. We share several members with TSP who are as active in our community as many TRR-only members are and the SPSF is a more often participant in libcord than the EPSA, thought that might be more dependent on TEP's alginment.
Formerly former things.
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Post by Gorundu »

What are your thoughts on these two treaties?
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=8520203
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=8523719
Officer of TNP Affairs
Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

I thought of answering fratt's question by mentioning our treaty with TIO, mostly because I think they're the type of region we could get some sort of even off, but the treaty is not underutilized as much as it is not utilized at all, and since the region is basically just RP we end up not having much in common. I believe TIO might have helped us in the past with some Delegate transitions or something, but I might be wrong. Still I'd like to keep the treaty, even if it's kinda inactive.

As for Capitalist Paradise, it's also a treaty that isn't utilized at all. I don't have much of an opinion on the treaty, keeping it as long as the region itself isn't inactive doesn't hurt. However in the past there were some issues with the behaviour of some of Capitalist Paradise's, which I think we probed them about when I was Foreign Officer... a year ago? lol
Formerly former things.

Return to “Campaigns”