TRR Vacation & Time Away Report Thread

An area for citizens of The Rejected Realms to discuss regional and legislative affairs.
Until you have gained citizenship, you will not be able to post in this forum or view the Citizens' Private Forum sub-forum. To get citizenship, apply here.

Moderators: Speaker, Deputy Speaker

Auntie Ant

Post by Auntie Ant »

In this thread, report here if you are not going to be around for a period of time due to vacation or other time away. That way we can know you haven't completely disappeared and can have an idea when we can expect you back.
Auntie Ant

Post by Auntie Ant »

I'll go first.

I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and will probably not be returning until Saturday, December 12th. So do not think I have ceased to exist. I disappear every year at around this time for 2 to 3 weeks as I migrate South to join family for Thanksgiving and early Christmas festivities together. I'll see you all again around mid-December!
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

This has been a very rough university semester for me, and unfortunately, I am coming close to finals. I only have a couple of them, but they're in classes that scare me and that I need to do very well in for a number of critical academic reasons. It has become apparent to me that this is crunch time, and so I need to devote as much time as I can to my studies.

What this means here is that I won't be posting on the forums, nor will I be on AIM, MSN or IRC. I may log on to the main site a few times to answer telegrams and run the WA voting process in the RR, but besides that I won't be able to do much of anything in NS. If you're one of the handful of people who have my telephone number, you can still call me (and please do!) but otherwise I'll be effectively out of communication from here until sometime next Wednesday.
sedge
Nation: Sedgistan
Discord: sedge#3069

Post by sedge »

Good luck with your finals.
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Just checking in to say I have an exam tomorrow and won't be able to read or respond here or in-game until tomorrow night.
Kandarin the Younger/Lirantha
~
Dyr Nasad

Post by Dyr Nasad »

Good luck on the exam! :yes:
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Sorry for the unannounced blip, there... I spent something like 3 hours on Saturday night debating Manetheren River on the RMB, and was a little burned out by Sunday. My internet decided to quit last night before I could get here; I tried to reset the modem and freaked out my roommate, who was asleep until I tripped over her laundry hamper. After that first attempt to reset the modem failed, I decided to cut my losses and go to bed. :P
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

I'm taking comprehensive exams in 11 days (another set 3 weeks later, plus 2 papers and a presentation during that time) which is one reason I haven't been around much. I should be able to log in consistently from now on to take care of the delegacy stuff (WA voting, endo-swapping) and to keep up with things here, but I won't be able to spend more than an hour or so at a time on NS except on Sundays, until the end of the semester.
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

And that blip was comprehensive exam number 1. One more to go, plus two term papers, in two weeks... yay...
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Passed comprehensive exam number 1, yay. ^_^

Unfortunately, comprehensive exam number 2 is coming up in about 35 hours, so I don't expect to be here for the next day or two. As of Friday, though, I'll be (relatively) free.
~
Zyonn

Post by Zyonn »

I will be away with exams next week, and the Caribbean (yay!) after that until the 28th. Good luck to everyone else writing, and happy non-denominational winter holiday to you all!
EAT MY PHOTONS, SMALL-HEADS!
Blackwater Rifts

Post by Blackwater Rifts »

Likely to be away on 14th and 15th
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Ooh, have fun in the Caribbean, Zyonn. :)

I'll continue to be around as I have been today (just checking on the in-game side of things and the occasional thread that jumps out at me) until Thursday or Friday - last minute social gatherings and errands to run before everyone leaves town.

And as advanced notice, I'll be completely out on the 19th through the 20th, unless I can catch net access from my cell phone and/or the airport.
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

Advanced notice: I'll be away at a conference this coming Friday to Saturday (Jan. 21-22). I should be able to check in on Saturday evening, but it depends on how late we get back.
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

And I'll be a little more scarce this week, and possibly absent entirely on Saturday. I'll be taking a 5.5 hour long test that morning; practicing for it all this week. Such fun.
~
CrazyGirl

Post by CrazyGirl »

I still think a 5,5 hour test is plain torture.
Good luck, Nai ;)
Biyah

Post by Biyah »

She's a glutton for punishment.

*prepares coffee and sharp pointy things.
CrazyGirl

Post by CrazyGirl »

...You may want to keep the sharp pointy things away..
Biyah

Post by Biyah »

As long as I'm not the target...
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

'tis torture, yeah. But it's the price of going to Greece. I desperately need to get back to Greece, or find a new dissertation topic...
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

I'm at a friend's house for the weekend and have lost the network key; I'm typing from my phone. I'll be back tomorrow when the friend is awake and I can ask about the wireless.
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

While I am incredibly tempted to boycott the forums while they are pink, that's not what's going on... Just got swamped with grading. I'll be back once I finish it tomorrow.
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

I'll be out of town on Saturday, and I'm not sure that there will be internet. (Beach!)
~
Naivetry

Post by Naivetry »

I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm the only one who uses this thread...

My prospectus is due to my adviser on Friday, which is why I've been scarce. This weekend is looking better.
~
wabbitslayah

Post by wabbitslayah »

I noticed that too.

Return to “The Assembly”