Proposed RMB Rules Change

The public office of the Delegate of The Rejected Realms.

Moderator: Delegate

RMB Rule Changes

Yes, I approve and would be happy to see them implemented
83%
I prefer the previous rules and would not like to see this set of rules implemented
17%
I'd like to see an alternative (please comment in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 12

BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Proposed RMB Rules Change

Post by BowShot118 »

The Following would replace the existing RMB Rules section of the RMB Guide in its entirety:
  1. Stay within NationStates rules
    The NationStates rules apply to every Regional Message Board. Non-compliance will incur the wrath of NS Moderators, who can delete your nation. Please become familiar with these rules.
  2. Do not call for the overthrow of the regional government
    The regional government is democratically elected, and they are limited on what they can do by the constitution, which is located here. Every important position in TRR is democratically elected, so the best way to ensure you have a say in the government is to apply for citizenship, and partake in elections.
  3. In General, Avoid Posting Multiple Times in a Row
    Multi-posting is when someone posts more than once without someone else having posted in between. When it comes to moderating Multi-posts, we have a 3 Strike Rule.
    Strike 1 - First Offense. No official warning will be given, simply a reminder to use the edit button.
    Strike 2 - You will be officially warned and reminded of the rules
    Strike 3 - You will have the multi-post, and any further multi-posts suppressed.
    Exceptions to the rule:
    - Posting 3 or more times in a row. This is spam, and will be suppressed regardless of content.
    - Double posts containing meaningful content will not be suppressed. "Meaningful content" is defined by the moderator.
    - The rule does not apply if it has been 30 minutes from your last post
    Don't Multi-post, use the edit button if you have more to say.
  4. Do not post hateful content
    Hateful content is anything with the intention of insulting, or otherwise causing offence, to another person. This includes, but is not limited to, homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, and the promotion of hateful ideologies (such as fascism).
  5. Keep all messages Safe for Work
    NationStates is a PG-13 Site, and thus everything posted on the RMB must meet this criteria. Any post which doesn’t will be immediately suppressed.
  6. Don’t quote suppressed messages
    They've been suppressed for a reason, and you're likely to be suppressed if you quote them. Quoting a suppressed message and rewriting it as "snip" (or similar) is acceptable, but we recommend you do not engage with suppressed posts at all.
  7. Be respectful
    While debates are allowed, flaming and personal arguments are not. You are also at risk of violating site rules. Be respectful of others with alternative views. Always attack the argument, not the person behind it.
  8. Don’t rehash past drama
    Try to avoid complaining about your previous region, the reason they ejected you, or your past and how you ended up here. We don't care about your past drama - TRR is the place for a fresh start, not be plagued by issues of the past.
  9. Think before you advertise
    Advertising polls is fine, however advertising other regions or alternate offsite platforms for the region is strictly prohibited and will be suppressed.
  10. Stop when asked
    If a Regional Officer or an NS Moderator asks you to stop, you must stop.
Version 1
The previous RMB rules (the ones that are currently enforced on the RMB and we are seeking to change) can be seen here.
Last edited by BowShot118 on 14 Jul 2021, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Aggie
Nation: Agalaesia
Discord: reversemilkshakeduck

Re: Proposed RMB Rules Change

Post by Aggie »

Alright so I recently sat down with Bow and we decided that the rules didn't cover what we actually suppressed - some of it was spam, but we saw an uptick in "hateful content" and borderline-NSFW messages, so we decided to rewrite the rules to include those. We also decided to clear the language in some rules up - this is, overall, a minor re-write. The previous set of rules can be found here.

As usual, if people have any comments, post them in this thread.
Aggie. Citizen of this Region
Also does many other boring things.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

How is this a proposed change if it's already been posted?

https://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=44470805

I don't understand how this leads to transparency and to open discussions. This is just a post "hey we're doing this" and then doing it.
Awards and Stuff!
click me
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Sarah wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 00:16

I don't understand how this leads to transparency and to open discussions. This is just a post "hey we're doing this" and then doing it.
I worded my post poorly, the RMB rules in effect have not changed. This is discussion prior to implementation, not vice versa.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

Sarah wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 00:16

No because it's only a proposal and we're still enforcing rules by the text which are pinned on the WFE until we find a consensus. I'll ensure that that post is edited to make that very clear.

It's posted on the RMB so that it's accessible to most RMBers too.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
Guy

Post by Guy »

I mostly edited for length and grammar. The more substantive changes are:
1. I removed the SFW point. NSFW is against site rules anyway, and does not need to be repeated.
2. I removed this paragraph: "Debates, if conducted properly will not be suppressed as hateful content. However, you should steer away from discussions about “borderline” topics that may make others uncomfortable or could violate any rules." It's quite difficult to understand what a "borderline topic" is. I think it's best to just say that if it violates any of the rules, it's not okay.
3. I substantially rewrote the "be respectful" point. I think the previous iteration, particularly "have debates, but not arguments. Always attack the argument" didn't get the point across well.
  1. Stay within NationStates rules
    The NationStates rules apply to every Regional Message Board. Non-compliance will incur the wrath of NS Moderators, who can delete your nation. Please become familiar with these rules.
  2. Do not call for the overthrow of the regional government
    The regional government is democratically elected, and they are limited on what they can do by the constitution, which is located here. Every important position in TRR is democratically elected, so the best way to ensure you have a say in the government is to apply for citizenship, and partake in elections.
  3. In General, Avoid Posting Multiple Times in a Row
    Multi-posting is when someone posts more than once without someone else having posted in between. When it comes to moderating Multi-posts, we have a 3 Strike Rule.
    Strike 1 - First Offense. No official warning will be given, simply a reminder to use the edit button.
    Strike 2 - You will be officially warned and reminded of the rules
    Strike 3 - You will have the multi-post, and any further multi-posts suppressed.
    Exceptions to the rule:
    - Posting 3 or more times in a row. This is spam, and will be suppressed regardless of content.
    - Double posts containing meaningful content will not be suppressed. "Meaningful content" is defined by the moderator.
    - The rule does not apply if it has been 30 minutes from your last post
    Don't Multi-post, use the edit button if you have more to say.
  4. Do not post hateful content
    Hateful content is anything with the intention of insulting, or otherwise causing offence, to another person. This includes, but is not limited to, homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, and the promotion of hateful ideologies (such as fascism).
  5. Don’t quote suppressed messages
    They've been suppressed for a reason, and you're likely to be suppressed if you quote them. Quoting a suppressed message and rewriting it as "snip" (or similar) is acceptable, but we recommend you do not engage with suppressed posts at all.
  6. Be respectful
    While debates are allowed, flaming and personal arguments are not. You are also at risk of violating site rules. Be respectful of others with alternative views. Always attack the argument, not the person behind it.
  7. Don’t rehash past drama
    Try to avoid complaining about your previous region, the reason they ejected you, or your past and how you ended up here. We don't care about your past drama - TRR is the place for a fresh start, not be plagued by issues of the past.
  8. Think before you advertise
    Advertising polls is fine, however advertising other regions or alternate offsite platforms for the region is strictly prohibited and will be suppressed.
  9. Stop when asked
    If a Regional Officer or an NS Moderator asks you to stop, you must stop.
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Guy wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 08:26
snip
We separated out the NSFW Content Rule to make it explicit. Hateful content often falls under the boat of simply trolling, or is very over the line and falls under NS rules in its own right, but we wanted to make it clear and explicitly against the rules due to the uptake we've seen (relatively) recently.

No Issues with the other changes though.
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
BowShot118

Post by BowShot118 »

Updated the OP with some of guy's proposed changes.
- Vince Cable -
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

I'll be moving this to a poll later on today
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

Opened here, go vote. I'll also open a poll on the on-site page soon-ish.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia

Return to “Delegate's Office”