Cabinet Announcements Thread

The public office of the Delegate of The Rejected Realms.

Moderator: Delegate

Minskiev
Nation: Minskiev
Discord: walrus#8689

Re: Cabinet Announcements Thread

Post by Minskiev »

Following the resignation of Manson, our former WA Officer, Gorundu has been elected and assigned to be our new WA Officer.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 11x WA author. Join the RRA here.
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Government Update
Halfway through the term, things are going along nicely. Weekly telegrams will be brought back again, we've opened up a roleplay region, and projects are finalizing.

Outreach
Thepeopl has been doing great in her position, running regular polls, NNEs, and keeping the RMB active.

Culture
We don't have a Culture officer currently, but Theme Tuesdays have been going on nonetheless. Again, gameside culture seems to be going strong with an active roleplay and set of maps.

World Assembly
Thanks to Gor, our World Assembly office is chugging along nicely. Expect something a little different soon.

Foreign Affairs
Something big is hopefully happening in a few days ^-^ hooray

(if it wasn't obvious i'm in a hurry rn)
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 11x WA author. Join the RRA here.
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Officer Assignments

I know I did this 3 weeks ago shhh

I've assigned the officer portfolios for the August to December term.

JL as Officer of Outreach, to promote RMB activity and engage the onsite.
Gorundu as Officer of Foreign Affairs, to revitalize the Diplomatic Corps and act as a contact point for foreign affairs matters.
MJ as Officer of Culture, to restart regular events and handle upcoming holidays.
Frenchy as Officer of World Assembly Affairs, to continue to put up voting threads and put out voting recommendations.
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Government Update
5/6 of the way through the term, and I've accomplished a lot of what I've wanted to do. Still, there's some time left.

Outreach
JL has been doing well, and will be revamping our dispatch system.

Culture
MJ has been doing great work with Theme Tuesdays and Werewolf Wednesdays, where we've seen turnouts as high as 15 people! Expect a few larger cultural things soon-ish in the coming months.

World Assembly
Frenchy has been doing great as WA Officer, with consistent threads and recommendations for votes.

Foreign Affairs
Since the last update we ratified the Ekrina-Catan Accords and the Aegis Accords. While nothing of that sort may be imminent, we will be working with the Potato Alliance this N-Day.
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Government Update
The second term has just started, and we're already off to a good start.

Outreach
NNEs are being done, weekly telegrams are weekly and comprehensive, with polls included in those telegrams.

Culture
Theme Day and WW Wednesday are consistent and we've recently had some movie nights, showing Coraline and a few Halloween specials of shows like Garfield or Rabbids.

World Assembly
Not much news. Important votes have gotten threads up

Foreign Affairs
Also not too much public news, but things are slowly happening, mostly regarding embassies.
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Government Update
We're about a third of the way into the term and doing good work.

Outreach
Outreach has been somewhat inactive lately, but will continue to do NNEs.

Culture
We're hosting the Harry Potter & the Festival of Friends event with some allies. Rejectmas was a bit interrupted but will start today. We've also had a good few Popmasters recently.

World Assembly
Not much news.

Foreign Affairs
We are negotiating details with allies on some recent developments to improve our relationships.
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Government Update
Two months left, steady progress :)

Outreach
Outreach has done consistent bi-weekly NNEs.

Culture
Culture is hosting a movie night on March 11th, showing Free Guy. Werewolf Wednesday has somewhat declined but should return. Tom has created a book club, check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=10033002

World Assembly
Kyo has been doing good as WA officer, consistently putting up votes.

Foreign Affairs
TRR has successfully negotiated with the MGC to allow our citizens in the events of our ally and MGC member region TNP. See here: viewtopic.php?p=10046420#p10046420
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Officer Assignment

Cookies as Officer of Outreach, to promote RMB activity and engage the onsite.
Salem as Officer of External Affairs*, to revitalize the Diplomatic Corps, act as a contact point for foreign affairs matters, and to put up WA voting threads
New Anarchisticstan as Officer of Culture, to host regular events and handle upcoming holidays.

*External Affairs will encompass WA and foreign affairs, however Salem and I will both be covering WA voting threads.
Minskiev

Post by Minskiev »

Government Update
The delegate elections have begun, we have a new officer, and the region celebrated its 20th anniversary, with some spillover events into the following week(s). Despite the inexperience of most of the officers, I'm happy with the work they're doing.

Outreach
Cookies has very carefully watched the RMB but also done an excellent job in regularly getting gamesiders to endorse the Delegate. He's also taken it upon himself to start various initiatives like a Recipe of the Day or a short story event.

Culture
Culture has done a wonderful job in planning TRR's 20th anniversary event. Anarch designed our festive flag, while members of the Culture staff ran events. Overall, Culture's contributions were crucial to what I think was a successful event, and I cannot thank them enough.

External Affairs
FA: We have been thankfully quiet in this regard. No news is good news, am I right?

WA: I set up the GA proposals while Salem and Greaditzerikarthee have been creating SC threads. The latter's eagerness to participate is especially welcome and I can't wait to see how their career progresses.

Information
Mhaul and I have been working to edit, not completely revamp, Aga's dispatches and guides. The World Assembly dispatch now explains what Injunctions, Declarations, and Liberations are, for one, and it no longer directs voters to the Rejected WA Office region. She's done good work and she is a welcome presence in cabinet.
Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Post by Catalyse »

Foreign Affairs

It should come as no surprise that Foreign Affairs has been the focus of the government's attention so far this term.

I understand that the government's decision to abstain on Europeia's acession to Aegis was not unanimous but we believed at the time that it was the best way to represent the region's reservations about the prospective new member.

For the matter of the current situation regarding the leak, we've been in discussion with Europeia and the other Aegis members for three weeks now and we've tried to update the citizens on the major developements when possible, and we've tried to incorporate the citizen's concerns in our discussion within these diplomatic channels. Salem and the FA staff - Walrus, Frattastan, Guy and Karp - have been invalauble in handling this situation and I can only thank them immensely.

We've abandoned for the time being plans to release an FA update. The timing to post a routine FA Update on our NSGP thread wouldn't have been right considering the ongoing events. We'll definitely revisit FA updates and our diplomatic/ambassadorial staff which hasn't been much utilized lately.

For things to come, we should be looking at some older treaties and evaluate if they're still worth keeping.

Outreach & Integration

Hoffania continues on with their duties regarding RMB activity - keeping with the QoTD and now the gundam inspired CYOA. I'll hopefully be launching the RMB Comptroll Board Act trial period this Sunday, and if that's successful we can have more people doing more onsite in terms of activities and engagement, and hopefully it can serve to getting more people to make the leap into getting further involved in the region's community and government. Hopefully it can also serve lessen Mhaul's burden with RMB moderation, as they are currently our primary RMB moderator.

I can't say for sure if the map has helped with endorsements or if the people who have asked to be put on the map were already going to endorse me regardless. Regardless, I've been trying to keep that update more or less weekly, and there are applications every week too.

I have also been tarting daily. The endocount is currently at 234 - of course it's likely to oscilate a lot and it's not a very reliable metric for engagement or the Delegate's capbility, but it's the first time this term we've surpassed the 230 endos without outside support and with the RRA being in a deployment.

We've also launched a newsletter/internal update, which was supposed to tie-in with the FA Update but for reasons I've already mentioned we dropped it. I think every two months at minimum is a fair way of sending these updates to residents, provided that there are sufficient developements to list in them and provided nothing important that the residents should be informed of sooner didn't occur.

I also want to look over our dispatches and update them and potentially consolidate them - this should be something we should over the next month.

Culture

Anarchi has been very dilligent in their work in the Culture office. They've kicstarted Music Monday, which has gotten some participation, and they continue with the routine activities like werewolf and the avatar themes. There were also flag themes gameside but that was dropped due to low participation.

We also held a popmaster session for our friends in TNP, though that might have been overshadowed by the issues both our regions were facing, result from NS's latest diplomatic kerfuffle. TNP had approached us with the hope that this would be an ongoing thing and every now and then one region would host some sort of activity for the other but due to constraints that hasn't been possible.

And now for some stats! Take these as you will, but this was something previous Delegates have done too.

Endorsements: 234 (42%) | WA population: 560

Average residency: 226.46 days | Average endorsements: 0.76 | Average influence: 624.08 | Number of citizens: 125

RMB messages in the month of May: 12,070 (389.4 per day)
RMB messages in the month of June: 11,946 (398.2 per day)

Discord messages in the month of May: 66,655 (of which 46,847 public)
Bot messages, 9.8% of the total

Discord messages in the month of June: 75,146 (of which 45,815 public)
Bot messages, 15.6% of the total
Formerly former things.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

The following are the assignments to the Officers for the current term.
  • Mad Jack as Officer of Gameside Affairs
  • Minskiev as Officer of Foreign Affairs
  • Giangsang as Officer of Integration
  • Vis as Officer of Culture
To mitigate the fact that Giang is the only Officer who didn't get her preferred portfolio, plus Integration can find itself squeezed between Culture and Gameside in terms of scope, I will do my best to ensure that she has the space to propose and run her own initiatives, even if they related to adjacent offices.

Vis has also appointed Bowshot as his deputy.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
frattastan

Re: Government Report (September 1)

Post by frattastan »

This is the bimonthly report on government activities that was due on September 1 per the Government Accountability Act.
Delegate: Frattastan
Officers: Minskiev, Vis, Giangsang, Mad Jack

Endorsements: 227 (39.5%) | WA population: 574
Average residency: 257.12 days | Average endorsements: 1.08 | Average influence: 758.42 | Number of citizens: 125

RMB messages in the month of July: 14,855 (479.19 per day)
August: 40,459 (1305.13 per day)

Discord messages in the month of July: 33,633 (of which 20,579 public)
Bot messages, 0.8% of the total
August: 32,428 (of which 20,588 public)
Bot messages, 0.6% of the total

There may be discrepancies in the post totals due to timezones, the gameside statistics may be skewed by events outside of our control (temporary influxes of new nations due to purges, etc.), and many measurements are far from 'objective' indicators of the health of a region, so take them with a grain of salt.
Foreign Affairs
Embassies have been opened with The Wellspring and Community, two large (800-900 nations) frontier regions.

The Ekrina-Catan Accords, our treaty with The League, has been terminated as a consequence of TL's response to the Europeia leaking incident.

We have had substantive talks with the leaders of The Union of Democratic States, 10000 Islands, and The South Pacific. Bilateral talks have also begun with The Grey Wardens with the aim of negotiating a treaty between our regions.

We submitted a proposal to Aegis regarding a joint understanding on the manner in which information concerning leaks of restricted information should be shared.

Culture
Vis released a Culture Calendar for the month of September, and has been planning for future events, including a semiannual variation on the Reject Awards and a new edition of Rejectvision.

Integration
Giang has made various minor changes to the Information Office dispatches (edits to bring them up to date, pinning/unpinning). She has also been publishing weekly endorsement dispatches.

The RMB Awards have resumed as of Catalyse's final month as Delegate, so far on a monthly basis, with the latest issue on August 8. UPC has since fixed the script to allow for accurate publication on any timeframe, as opposed to monthly.

Gameside Affairs
The RMB suppression policy has been changed so that doubleposting is no longer banned.

Since his election, Mad Jack announced and has been enforcing two changes to the RMB suppression policy:
  • Content that isn't appropriate for all ages may be suppressed at discretion
  • Contentious topics may be redirected to the NS forum at a Regional Officer's request, in which case further RMB discussion should cease
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
frattastan

Post by frattastan »

The Officer assignments for the new term are as follows:
  • Liberza as Officer of Culture
  • Mad Jack as Officer of Integration and Gameside Affairs
  • Salem as Officer of Foreign Affairs
Minskiev will also be helping Salem as his deputy.
frattastan

Government Report (January 1)

Post by frattastan »

This is the bimonthly report on government activities that was due on January 1 per the Government Accountability Act. It also includes some data related to the previous reporting period.
Delegate: Frattastan
Officers: Liberza, Mad Jack, Salem

Endorsements: 261 (42.9%) | WA population: 609
Average residency: 325.43 days | Average endorsements: 1.59 | Average influence: 946.61 | Number of citizens: 135

RMB messages in the month of September: 30,480 (1,016 per day)
October: 29,367 (947.32 per day)
November: 22,999 (766.63 per day)
December: 20,614 (664.97 per day)

Discord messages in the month of September: 45,064 (of which 28,837 public)
Bot message, 0.4% of the total
October: 35,390 (of which 26,756 public)
Bot messages, 1.9% of the total
November: 46,957 (of which 40,430 public)
Bot messages, 5.5% of the total
December: 29,243 (of which 24,201 public)
Bot messages, 5.2% of the total

There may be discrepancies in the post totals due to timezones, the gameside statistics may be skewed by events outside of our control (temporary influxes of new nations due to purges, etc.), and many measurements are far from 'objective' indicators of the health of a region, so take them with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately unforeseen (and independent) real-world circumstances have impaired my activity and effectiveness during this term, and I regret this.

Foreign Affairs

The Pegasus Pact, a mutual-defence pact with The Grey Wardens that was drafted during Minskiev's term as FA Officer, has finally been ratified.

In September other Aegis regions agreed on an interpretative declaration proposed by us concerning the meaning and extent of intelligence sharing obligations, including an unambiguous requirement to promptly notify leaks of confidential information, and provide a number of specific details that will help identifying the circumstances of the leak.

Since having been elected Salem did a review of our consulates, closing several ones, and opening one with Declansburg.

Culture

Vis ran Culture Calendars for the months of September and October, including both aforementioned larger events (Rejectvision and Reject Rewind) and weekly features like IO games. Bowshot, who stepped in as deputy due to Vis's emergency LoA in October also did an excellent job taking over the management of the department, concluding the hosting of Rejectvision and preparing and running most of the November Culture Calendar.

In December Liberza has been running a survival/time travel CYOA narrative using gameside polls. Minskiev also contributed to the Winter Blizzard Bash, a multiregional event featuring allied regions XKI, TSP, TEP and TGW.

Integration & Gameside Affairs
Regular endorsement dispatches have been published, and MadJack has continued the tireless and thankless job of managing the RMB, with assistance from other ROs (especially Mhaul/Giangsang). While we still run into some problematic characters I would say that the general atmosphere has improved thanks to his management and rules.
Salem
Nation: Dakota
Discord: dakadak

Post by Salem »

Howdy howdy. Thankfully we have a nearly full cabinet this term so hopefully we can be productive and get shit done.

Officer Appointments:

Officer of Foreign Affairs: Minskiev
Deputy Officer: Karputsk
FA Advisory Team: Karputsk, Guy, Minskiev, Frattastan, Giangsang.

Officer of Culture: Liberza
Deputy Officer: Giangsang

Officer of Integration & Gameside Affairs: Madjack
Deputy Officer: Altasund

Officer of Information: Bormiar

2/27 Edit:
Altasund, Shy, and JUS have been appointed as RMB Watchdogs.
he/him
frattastan wrote: All the raiders died on first night, that's what matters.
guy wrote: Yeah makes sense. Just go to Koth
Fuck you’re a weird unit sometimes
But yeah shit in peace.
Salem

Post by Salem »

Government Update:

Gen:
- The delegate transition was completed in less than two weeks and WA votes have started up again.
- Department channels have been audited. Those who didn't respond to a 72 hour role call have been demasked. Anyone who was demasked during the audit is free to re-apply whenever.
- I've been going through forum posts and updating them to reflect current government changes (such as an application for Outreach still listening Aga as the Officer).

FA:
- Now that the audit is completed, Walrus and I will begin updating the embassy list. We could really use some new ambassadors so if you have an interest, please apply here. Being an ambassador is a fun way to get to meet some other regions without having to put in much work yourself.
- A goal is to reach out to some of the frontiers we already have some relations with and see how we can improve those.
- The embassy was closed with the Moon.

Outreach:
- I've put together a schedule for our NNEs that will hopefully keep us consisting reaching out to our world assembly nations who aren't endorsing my nation in hopes they'll endorse. We'll be utilizing dispatch NNEs while bringing in RMB NNEs, that way nations who have dispatches blocked may see the RMB notice and vice versa.
- Regional monthly telegrams will resume on the first Monday of every month.
- MadJack has created a formal list of the nations under RMB Blanket Suppression found here & and a dispatch version is currently a WIP.
- JUS, Shy, and Altasund have been appointed RMB Watchdogs.

Culture:
- The March culture calendar can be found here.
- Rough tentative plans have been made to do a cultural event with Declansburg next week.
- We went with JEFF during the last N-day.
- Lib has mentioned an interest in trying to restart up theme days.
- We'll have a movie night coming up soon.

Information:
- Borm has started a big project to help organize/update our dispatches. If you have any interest in helping out with this, apply for Outreach as most of our discussion for this is taking place in #outreach.
he/him
But yeah shit in peace.
Salem

Post by Salem »

Howdy howdy. The officer elected has concluded the following portfolios have been assigned.

Officer of Foreign Affairs: Minskiev
Deputy Officer: Karputsk
FA Advisory Team: Karputsk, Guy, Minskiev, Frattastan, Giangsang.

Officer of Culture (Off-site): Bowshot
Deputy Officer: Giangsang

Officer of Culture (On-site): Bormiar

Officer of RMB Moderation: Madjack
Deputy Officer: Altasund
RMB Watchdogs: JUS, Altasund, Giang, Shy, and Dime.

We're gonna try out some new portfolios. The WA staff department channel is going to be closed Soon:tm: and will be finally merged into #diplomatic_corps. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone given the WA department has been dead for a long time.

We're going to split Culture into two different areas - on-site (polls, themes for the region, trying to make the region appealing on-site). Culture off-site will remain what it was - popmaster, werewolf, Bow's other ideas listed on his platform.

RMB Moderation will become it's own department. This reduces the workload on an already busy department and hopefully prevent burnout.

And for a last note: thank you to Liberza for all he did last term. Seriously - give it a look.
he/him
But yeah shit in peace.

Return to “Delegate's Office”