Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Salem, Delegate

Cove
Nation: Chimes
Discord: JamieNS#9042

[DRAFT] Commend Karputsk

Post by Cove »

Current Draft
The World Assembly,

AFFIRMING the understanding that numerous nations within the world devote their time to helping other nations and regions,

NOTING that fewer serve the interests of protecting regions to the same extent as Karputsk,

REMEMBERING that when the nation of Karputsk came into establishment they resided in the region of New Sorvun - in which they served in numerous positions.
  • Serving as High Commander of the New Sovrun regional military, before their acceptance to the Founderless Regions Alliance on June 11th 2008.
  • Serving in a variety of government positions throughout the region’s history - including serving in the positions of Prime Minister and Court Justice, as well as a member of the regions Senate. They also served as Minister of Internal Affairs, and during their time within the region they reached highs in the regional population.
ASTOUNDED by Karputsk’s history of defending service in their long service record within the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), a multi-regional defensive organisation, in which they held numerous positions - service as Regional Recruitment & Liaison Officer. Later, they also managed the military branch known as the ‘FRA Rangers’ through the position of Chief of Defense as well as serving as Intelligence Minister. Their career within the organisation also resulted in them serving four non-consecutive terms as the main organiser of the alliance in the position of ‘Arch Chancellor’.

[*]Their long service within the ‘FRA Rangers’, rising to the rank of Brigadier General within the Alliance.

[*]Served as Co-Chief, and later sole Chief of Defence of the Spiritus Defence Force, the regional military of the region of Spiritus.

[*]After the FRA’s dissolution, noting Karputsk’s continued commitment to the defending cause through their career with The Rejected Realms army in which they served as Commander.
[/list]
IMPRESSED by their efforts to prevent invasions through their undercover operations in The Black Hawks through their alias of Ursidae - actively working to disrupt their ongoing invasion plans and operations.

REMEMBERING their efforts to keep regions free and safe from invasion through their leadership in a number of operations, namely the sieges of Anontia and the liberation of Christmas.
1ST DRAFT
Something I've been working on. Any feedback is appreciated.
~ Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms ~
~ Former Officer for the World Assembly ~
~ Ex-Speaker of The Rejected Realms Assembly (2 Terms) ~
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Chipmunker
Nation: Crowheim
Discord: Chipmunker#6497

Re: [DRAFT] Commend Karputsk

Post by Chipmunker »

Feels a bit short and could probably use some fleshing out around what Karp actually did in the positions you've listed.
occasional lurker, even more occasional participant
Twobagger
Nation: Twobagger
Discord: Twobagger #6431

Re: [DRAFT] Commend Karputsk

Post by Twobagger »

Jamie wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 13:44
REMEMBERING their previous efforts to keep regions free and safe from invasion through their leadership in a number of operations, namely the liberation efforts and sieges of Anatonia and Christmas.
Is this supposed to be Anontia, home of that Raidercon op that got sieged down and liberated a couple of years ago?

Also, I feel like "liberation efforts and sieges of Anontia and Christmas" is a little awkward and wordy. I'm assuming you mean the liberation of Christmas that featured in the most recent Defender Awards. In that case, I'd suggest "the siege of Anontia and liberation of Christmas" to avoid implying that they were both sieges. If you were talking about some other defense of Christmas that was a siege, I think "the sieges of Anontia and Christmas" is a little more to the point.
Let's see. I think this list could also be improved:
Jamie wrote:
ASTOUNDED by Karputsk’s history of defending service in numerous regions and organisations including:
  • Their long service record within the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), a multi-regional defensive organisation, in which they held numerous positions - service as Regional Recruitment & Liaison Officer, as well as managing the military branch known as the ‘FRA Rangers’ through the position of Chief of Defense as well as serving as Intelligence Minister. Their career within the organisation also resulted in them serving four non-consecutive terms as the main organiser of the alliance in the position of ‘Arch Chancellor’.
  • Their long service within the ‘FRA Rangers’, rising to the rank of Brigadier General within the Alliance.
  • Served as Co-Chief, and later sole Chief of Defence of the Spiritus Defence Force, the regional military of the region of Spiritus.
  • After the FRA’s dissolution, noting Karputsk’s continued commitment to the defending cause through their career with The Rejected Realms army in which they served as Commander.
A few things stick out to me. For one, the first two bullet points are pretty similar, in that both talk about their long service record within the FRA. I'd suggest either combining them, or grouping all the military stuff together in the same point. One example might look like this:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Also, please consider making your lists parallel. The first two points both start with "their [...] service within" or similar. These ideas are also present in the last two points, so I'd consider reworking it so that the points start in a similar fashion. For example:

or similar.
Your other list also doesn't seem to flow very well, in my opinion.
Jamie wrote:
REMEMBERING that when the nation of Karputsk came into establishment they resided in the region of New Sorvun - in which they served in numerous positions.
  • Serving as High Commander of the New Sovrun regional military, before their acceptance to the Founderless Regions Alliance on June 11th 2008.
  • Serving in a variety of government positions throughout the region’s history - including serving in the positions of Prime Minister and Court Justice, as well as a member of the regions Senate. They also served as Minister of Internal Affairs, and during their time within the region they reached highs in the regional population.
The sentence before the list is a complete sentence, ending in a full stop. The bullet points aren't "part of" a larger sentence, so maybe the points should be their own sentences? That, or you could rework the lead-in to make it absorb the bullet points more easily.

If you're married to this concept, I'd go with something like

You could also try making the bullets their own clauses, and removing the lead-in clause.

However, there are other issues. For one, this list doesn't seem very distinct from the other list. Both talk about the positions Karputsk held, although one of the lists focuses solely on New Sorvun and the other focuses on everywhere else. I do like that you included the bit about reaching highs in the regional population. Assuming that the Minister of Internal Affairs did some work with recruiting or integrating new nations, that's good evidence of Karp helping to make a region demonstrably better in some way.
I'd also like to see you write more about his accomplishments, especially if you can quantify them. You list many positions that Karp held, but I feel like the commendation would be better if you wrote more about what he actually did. Did he defend a billion regions? How did the FRA fare when Karp was in charge of regional recruitment? Did they increase in membership? Did Karp slow a decline?

Return to “World Assembly”