[FIRST DRAFT SINCE LIKE GOD KNOWS HOW LONG] International Trade And Development Act

Moderators: LiberzanEmpire, Salem, Delegate

aaaa
Nation: Greaditzerikarthee
Discord: bob8y7#3765

[FIRST DRAFT SINCE LIKE GOD KNOWS HOW LONG] International Trade And Development Act

Post by aaaa »

International Trade And Development Act Category: Free Trade Strength: Mild Proposed By: Greaditzerikarthee

The World Assembly,

Recognizing the importance of promoting economic growth and development in all member states,

Understanding that international trade can play a significant role in achieving these goals,

Noting that member states may face challenges in accessing markets and competing globally,

Believing that the establishment of a system of international trade and development can help to address these challenges,

Hereby enacts the following:

Article 1 - Definitions

For the purposes of this act:

"International trade and development program" shall mean a program established by a member state for the purpose of promoting international trade and economic development.

"International trade and development fund" shall mean a fund established by the World Assembly to provide financial support to member states that participate in international trade and development programs.

Article 2 - Establishment of International Trade and Development Programs

Member states shall have the right to establish international trade and development programs

International trade and development programs shall be designed to promote the development of productive capacity and to enhance the competitiveness of member states in global markets.

Article 3 - International Trade and Development Fund

The World Assembly shall establish an international trade and development fund to provide financial support to member states that participate in international trade and development programs.

The fund shall be financed by voluntary contributions from member states and by any other resources authorized by the World Assembly.

The fund shall be used to provide technical assistance, capacity building, and other forms of support to member states that participate in international trade and development programs.

Article 4 - Cooperation among Member States

Member states are encouraged to cooperate with one another to promote international trade and economic development.

Member states shall share information and best practices on international trade and development, and shall provide technical assistance and capacity building to other member states upon request.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Re: [FIRST DRAFT SINCE LIKE GOD KNOWS HOW LONG] International Trade And Development Act

Post by Manson »

I think you show a willingness to learn and a true commitment to the WA. With that being said, this is vague and needs work.

Clauses like these “The fund shall be financed by voluntary contributions from member states and by any other resources authorized by the World Assembly” sound great in nature as well, but are kinda useless due to there being a lack of incentive for these donations to be made. Why would a nation funnel money from their economy to the WA?

You tried to remedy the commonly-attacked issue that many people tend to have with WA proposals, that of legislation forcing them into compliance with something that they believe they should have the right to opt in or out of on a voluntary basis. I do think your voluntary donation idea has merit but I don’t think many people will willingly shovel money towards a program that others aren’t inclined to support. If I’m funding a program and my neighbors are participating but not also supporting it, why should I contribute?

I hope some of this helps ^^
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.

Return to “World Assembly”