Moderators: Salem, Delegate

LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

[DEFEATED] Homework Abolishment Act

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

The General Assembly

Homework Abolishment Act

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education & Creativity | Area of Effect: Educational | Proposed by: Main Page
Article 1: Homework Abolishment
1. With the aim of reducing academic pressure and promoting a holistic approach to education, it shall be unlawful for teachers in WA Member Nations to assign homework to students in any educational institution, including but not limited to schools, colleges, and universities.

Article 2: Prohibited Homework Assignments
1. Teachers shall not assign homework, regardless of its nature, volume, or subject matter, including but not limited to written assignments, projects, research work, or any other tasks that are expected to be completed outside of regular school hours.

Article 3: Classroom-based Learning
1. Emphasis shall be placed on conducting comprehensive and engaging educational activities within the classrooms during regular school hours.
2. Teachers and educators shall make use of educational strategies, interactive discussions, group activities, and practical exercises to enhance students' learning experiences.

Article 4: Assessment Methods
1. Teachers shall be responsible for designing alternative methods of assessing students' understanding and knowledge acquisition, which shall be conducted during the regular school hours.
2. Continuous evaluation, periodic assessments, class participation, oral examinations, and in-class assignments shall be utilized as effective tools for evaluating student progress.

Article 5: Teacher Training
1. The Ministry of Education, or equivalent governing body, shall organize mandatory training programs for teachers to help them develop effective teaching methodologies that reduce the need for homework assignments.
2. Professional development programs shall focus on innovative teaching practices, individualized attention, and skill development to enhance student learning outcomes.

Article 6: Wellness and Extracurricular Activities
1. Schools shall encourage students to engage in extracurricular activities, cultivation of hobbies, and spend quality time with family and friends.
2. The Ministry of Education shall collaborate with schools to organize counseling services, stress management workshops, and mental health initiatives to support students' overall well-being.

Article 7: Penalties
1. Any teacher found guilty of assigning homework outside of the provided guidelines shall be subject to disciplinary action, which may include counseling, retraining, or temporary suspension from teaching duties.

Article 8: Implementation
1. The Ministry of Education shall be responsible for monitoring the implementation of this act, developing guidelines for teachers, and ensuring compliance across all educational institutions.
2. Local educational authorities shall cooperate with the Ministry of Education in executing this act at a regional level.
Link to the discussion on the NS Forums

ForAgainstAbstain

Please vote and discuss below. Feel free to make additional posts in discussion.
Last edited by LiberzanEmpire on 29 Dec 2023, 16:50, edited 3 times in total.
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Re: [IN QUEUE] Homework Abolishment Act

Post by Altasund »

um
no
Non scribatur.
Shy Guyia
Nation: Forwerpen / Shy Guyia

Post by Shy Guyia »

Against.
Salem
Nation: Dakota
Discord: dakadak

Post by Salem »

Against
he/him
frattastan wrote: All the raiders died on first night, that's what matters.
guy wrote: Yeah makes sense. Just go to Koth
Fuck you’re a weird unit sometimes
But yeah shit in peace.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Lol no
Dimetrodon Empire

Post by Dimetrodon Empire »

Against, especially since the author admitted that this was AI generated.
Anarchisticstan
Nation: New Anarchisticstan
Discord: @Nazhnayoj

Re: [AT VOTE] Homework Abolishment Act

Post by Anarchisticstan »

Against. AI generated, and a bad proposal. Homework makes the masses obedient.
Ex Culture officer of TRR and Author of NS issue #1568 Palate Torture.
I have very bad posture, lack any sort of contact with the outside world, and am in constant torment with myself. :3
:dwarf:
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

I think it's funny so it's more of a "lol yes" from me.

Voting tally is 1-6, I will be voting against.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Guy

Post by Guy »

I don’t mind that it’s AI generated, it’s more that Article 2 is bad policy, and Article 4 is incredibly ambiguous

Return to “General Assembly”