Moderators: Salem, Delegate

LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

[AT VOTE] End Statelessness

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

The General Assembly

End Statelessness

A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Civil Rights | Strength: Mild | Proposed by: Tinhampton
Believing that decisive action should be taken to eradicate statelessness across the World Assembly once and for all, the General Assembly hereby:

forbids member states from removing:

the citizenship of any of their citizens who do not hold citizenship in any other nation,

the nationality of any of their nationals who do not hold nationality in any other nation, and

the citizenship or nationality of any of their citizens or nationals, even if they are not covered by Articles a(i) or a(ii), without giving them two weeks' warning and the right to a judicial review of such removal,

requires members to immediately restore:

the citizenship of any person who they have removed the citizenship of and who did not hold citizenship in any other nation immediately afterwards,

the nationality of any person who they have removed the nationality of and who did not hold nationality in any other nation immediately afterwards,

the citizenship or nationality of any person whose citizenship or nationality has been removed in a manner that contradicts Article a(iii),

the citizenship or nationality of any person who has voluntarily rescinded it in order to acquire the citizenship or nationality of any other country, and who became stateless as a result of such rescission, but who ultimately did not succeed in making that acquisition, and

the citizenship or nationality of any person who has voluntarily rescinded it in order to become stateless and hence facilitate their performance of activities that are illegal in the member state they live in,

requires members to grant their nationality to all stateless persons found within their jurisdiction, even if they are not covered by Article b (and encourages members to also grant their citizenship to all stateless persons not already covered by Article b(i) who are found within their jurisdiction),

insists that members not charge any individual for the granting or restoration of their citizenship or nationality when they grant or restore it pursuant to Articles b or c,

forbids members from charging any individual more than the necessary administrative and handling fees where that individual seeks to attain or (where legal) rescind their nationality or citizenship, except where Article d provides that the attainment of such be free of charge, and

clarifies that nothing in this resolution prevents citizens or nationals of a member state from voluntarily rescinding their citizenship or nationality of that member.
Link to the discussion on the NS Forums

ForAgainstAbstain
##FOR####AGAINST####ABSTAIN##

Please vote and discuss below. Feel free to make additional posts in discussion.
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P
Giangsang
Nation: Giangsang
Discord: giangsang

Re: [AT VOTE] End Statelessness

Post by Giangsang »

The Grim Reaper.
LiberzanEmpire
Nation: Liberza
Discord: liberza

Re: [AT VOTE] End Statelessness

Post by LiberzanEmpire »

The Grim Reaper
Sometimes, I dream about bacon

I wonder how TRR feels about having had a 13 year old iPad kid be one of their officers ;P

Return to “General Assembly”