Nation: Chimes
Discord: JamieNS#9042

[FAILED] Commend Northrop-Grumman

Post by Cove »

The Security Council

Commend Northrop-Grumman

Commendation

Nominee: Northrop-Grumman

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Proposed by Makdon
The Security Council,

Darkly noting the great importance that knowledge of the world’s nations plays in facilitating foreign affairs, and that the significance of this information being readily available and effectively collated cannot be overstated, for without it relations cannot feasibly be conducted in any reasonable manner; the ramifications for such mismanaged relations would surely be dark,

Applauding Northrop-Grumman and their shadowy archivists for their commitment to the arcane task of maintaining well organized and frequently updated indexes of both nation’s capitals and leaders, which are truly ancient, having been maintained by Northrop-Grumman for fifteen and sixteen long years respectively,

Remarking that the two mysterious indexes believed to have originated somewhere within the dark realm of Northrop-Grumman possess the following merits compared to the regular procedure of finding and viewing a nation’s information panel:

The indexes of Northrop-Grumman contain useful references to information nation’s have chosen to provide that is relevant to their capital or biographical of their leader, which is both utile and edifying,

Nations newly founded are not able to display their capital or leader, so Northrop-Grumman’s indexes can be the only way to discover them,

The indexes allow for the quick finding of information on multiple nations, since they are all held in one place,

Knowledgeable also of the fact that Northrop-Grumman’s indexes have additionally inspired a separate catalog of national sports that employs the same methodology and layout, and cognizant that there is no standard display for national sports, so without the index foreign nations are left completely in the dark,

Intimidated by the extensive work of Northrop-Grumman in creating the Universal Network for the Integrated Transactional Economy (UNITE), a national and transgalactic computer system that registers all citizens, organizations of citizens, and foreign visitors through the use of a personal identification card, and which provides numerous advantages by providing easy and efficient flow of information and government services,

Astounded by Northrop-Grumman’s labor in chronicling countless collections of invaluable accounts of historic events that would otherwise have been lost after a shift in record keeping abandoned all previous years’ knowledge, a vast swathe of which Northrop-Grumman’s archivist managed to preserve and are still available for all of NationStates today,

Confident that in light (or as the case may be, darkness) of these contributions, which exemplify both long lasting commitment and frightening technical prowess, there can be no question that Northrop-Grumman is overly deserving of recognition,

Hereby commends the most dark nation of Northrop-Grumman.
NS Forum Thread

Please vote below.
~ Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms ~
~ Former Officer for the World Assembly ~
~ Ex-Speaker of The Rejected Realms Assembly (2 Terms) ~
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Re: [IN QUEUE] Commend Northrop-Grumman

Post by Fauxia »

Edit: Eh, for, why not. I don’t think it’s done super well (no offense, Makdon) but we ought to be supporting our authors and I’m not comfortable being the one who knocks down the RPers.
Last edited by Fauxia on 14 Jan 2021, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
Cove

Post by Cove »

Eh. This proposal is an interesting one, and indeed the making of the dark theme is notable but I’m not sure if its suitable for Security Council commendation necessarily. I do think some of the other clauses, in particular the ones in relation to record keeping do have promise though and the nominee is certainly unique in a number of regards, I’m just not sure it enough in terms of international impact.

Abstain, for now.
~ Former RRA Officer ~
Tinhampton
Nation: Lydia Anderson
Discord: Tinhampton#7402

Post by Tinhampton »

For. I certainly disagree with Jamie about the commendability of Dark Theme(s) :P
Tinhampton, the Self-Administrative City of

GA author x4, SC author x3, issue co-author x1, Cup of Harmony winner x1 (LXXVIII)
Eastern New England
Nation: Suspense
Discord: Mr. Turtle#8083

Post by Eastern New England »

For. The nominee is deserving and the commendation is well-written.
"Slow and steady wins the race." - Aesop
Aggie
Nation: Agalaesia
Discord: reversemilkshakeduck

Post by Aggie »

Against.
Aggie. Citizen of this Region
Also does many other boring things.
"Aga is crazy"
-Kyorgia
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Against
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Speaker of the Assembly
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Lenlyvit

Post by Lenlyvit »

Against
Twobagger
Nation: Twobagger
Discord: Twobagger #6431

Post by Twobagger »

I vote abstain. I feel similarly to Jamie, with the caveat that if commending a nation for developing the dark theme were legal, I'd be totally fine with sticking it in here.
Last edited by Twobagger on 12 Jan 2021, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Chipmunker
Nation: Crowheim
Discord: Chipmunker#6497

Post by Chipmunker »

For
occasional lurker, even more occasional participant
makdon
Nation: Makdon
Discord: tobiDaTurtle

Post by makdon »

Fauxia wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 01:01
It’s well-written, except that there’s a grammatical mistake (should be "nations’ capitals and leaders"), I hate those. Since the nominee seems a little iffy...

Against for the moment but I’ll hear argument on the merits.
I'm not sure why you think the NG is iffy. NG created the dark theme. They've been a consistent and incredible role player for longer than the current forums can record. And they've committed themselves to thankless administrative tasks for the benefit of all players. What more do you want from a nominee?
Former WA Officer
Cove

Re: [DEFEATED] Commend Northrop-Grumman

Post by Cove »

"Commend Northrop-Grumman" was defeated 6,398 votes to 5,613.

TRR Vote: ABSTAIN
~ Former RRA Officer ~

Return to “Security Council”