[ARCHIVED] World Assembly Writer's Guild

Moderators: Salem, Delegate

Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

[ARCHIVED] World Assembly Writer's Guild

Post by Manson »

Just a little place where WA authors and aspiring WA authors can draft and propose resolutions. :)
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Morover
Nation: Morover

Re: World Assembly Writer's Guild

Post by Morover »

Figured I'd just drop the proposals I'm working on currently to get some opinions outside of the General Assembly regulars.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 9&t=459898 "Restrictions on Mutually Assured Destruction"
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 9&t=462183 "Safeguards Against Forced Drug Use"
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Morover wrote:
07 May 2019, 00:39
Figured I'd just drop the proposals I'm working on currently to get some opinions outside of the General Assembly regulars.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 9&t=459898 "Restrictions on Mutually Assured Destruction"
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 9&t=462183 "Safeguards Against Forced Drug Use"
Interesting. I'll try to take a look at some of these and provide the limited feedback that I can in the next couple days
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

I have to say that I'm not a fan of Restrictions on Mutually Assured Destruction after reading it. Judgements on legality aside, I don't like the idea of giving the explicit approval of the General Assembly for countries to nuke each other if they feel it's necessary. While this already exists under Safeguarding Nuclear Materials (terrible legislation for international peace), I'd rather not see this further codified. I don't know if the provisions under clause 6 make big enough strides with respect to promoting peace to make it worth it.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:
Morover

Post by Morover »

Deadeye Jack wrote:
07 May 2019, 21:40
I have to say that I'm not a fan of Restrictions on Mutually Assured Destruction after reading it. Judgements on legality aside, I don't like the idea of giving the explicit approval of the General Assembly for countries to nuke each other if they feel it's necessary. While this already exists under Safeguarding Nuclear Materials (terrible legislation for international peace), I'd rather not see this further codified. I don't know if the provisions under clause 6 make big enough strides with respect to promoting peace to make it worth it.
Mutually Assured Destruction typically prevents more wars than it causes. It is senseless to outright outlaw MAD, and clause 6 provides a clear-cut way to punish those who participate in MAD, without undoing the good it causes. As I mentioned in the discussion regarding the proposal, I find it preferable, in nearly every instance, for there to be legislation in regards to a topic (especially one as sensitive as MAD) then to leave it open to interpretation. If nothing else, this proposal would get all the WA Nations on the same page.
Morover

Post by Morover »

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 9&t=466069
Standards on Air Traffic Control
Regulation | Safety

The World Assembly,

Believing that safety is of utmost concern.

Concerned that the lack of proper qualifications of those working in air traffic control may lead to a compromise in the safety of the general public.

Hereby,

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, air traffic control (henceforth known as ATC) as an individual or group of individuals responsible for the management of airspace above an airport, as well as the safe landing and takeoff of an aircraft.

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, an airport as any area where aeronautical vehicle is designed to take off and/or land.

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, an aeronautical vehicle as any vehicle which has the capability of flight.

Requires all airports to have one or more sapient, conscious, qualified ATC employee(s) at all times.

Requires that all ATC personnel have sufficient off-time to stay well-rested, well-nourished, and to minimize stress.

Expands the duties of the International Transport Safety Committee (henceforth known as ITSC) to include the following:
  1. Setting regulations on the training of ATC staff,
  2. Ensuring all airports maintain sufficient staffing at all times
Requires that all ATC personnel be trained in accordance with the training regulations set by the ITSC.
Morover

Post by Morover »

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p35814696
Access of Hormonal Medication to Transgender Individuals
Civil Rights | Significant

The World Assembly,

Aware of the existence of transgender people.

Believing that these transgender people have basic rights and needs.

Disgusted that some nations refuse to grant these individuals these rights and needs.

Understanding that, for many transgender people, access to hormonal medication is vital to one's sense of identity.

Further understanding that many transgender people do not use hormonal medication.

Hereby,

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, transgender as an individual whose gender or sexual identity is not the same as assigned to said individual at birth.

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, hormonal medication (henceforth known as "hormones") as a bodily chemical which gives specific gender or sexual characteristics to an individual.

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution, hormonal therapy as an intentional change in the balance of hormones, in order to more accurately represent an individual's gender or sexual identity.

Requires all member-states to legalize hormonal therapy for all individuals.

Requires all member-states to have an affordable, easy-to-access way for its transgender population to access hormonal medication.

Forbids any member-state from keeping hormones from a transgender person as punishment for a crime.

Forbids any member-state from forcing an individual to undergo hormonal therapy.

Demands that all suppliers of hormones which operate under the jurisdiction of a member-state keep their prices affordable.
This will be my last draft for a while, and I apologize for the spam in this thread, but I would like some feedback from others within the region.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

I think it's too uninspired in the first part. I'll add some helpful feedback tomorrow. :)
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Morover

Post by Morover »

Morover

Post by Morover »

Robespierre
Nation: Inflection of Rejection
Discord: TheMacMilitant#1962