no
No votes

Total votes: 2

bobdabuilder
Nation: Bobdabuilder

Helping Noobs(me)

Post by bobdabuilder »

Post by bobdabuilder » 20 Aug 2019, 18:01

Im a noob and i cant find anything it would be awesome if a page explaining anything and everything about Nationstates is and how to do it.

Also i know this is the worst proposal ever written. You dont need to tell me

Thanks,
Bobdabuilder
bobdabuilder
Nation: Bobdabuilder

Re: Helping Noobs(me)

Post by bobdabuilder »

Support
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

bobdabuilder wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 17:59
a page explaining anything and everything about Nationstates is and how to do it.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=faq

Jokes aside, "anything and everything about Nationstates" would be quite a bit of stuff. I am not sure this super-guide would end up being very practical to use to look something up. Anything specific that you would like to know about? Maybe a Q&A topic would work better.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Borovan4

Post by Borovan4 »

A page explaining everything would be very comprehensive and long.

I can point some simple things a noob will encounter.

FAQ:
I DONT LIKE MY NATION You can create another one or change your levels of economy, civil rights and political freedom by doing issues.
I don't want to be communist You should get an issue that reverses privatization.
This nation is unrealistic. It has 88% tax rate. Many effects on NS can be exaggerated. Usually when you benefit one option you offset another.
Where are the WA classification categories list? WA Category List
I got a million telegrams. What do I do? Go to your telegrams. Go to preferences. Scroll down to filter and switch off recruitment to block all.
How do I report something wrong? Go to technical forum.
Someone is being a bully. Go to GHR.
I got ejected! There are times when you will get ejected. Majority of the time it will happen for no reason and it will be painful but take take your time to collect yourself.
What region should I join? Find a Region Thread.
I want to change my nation name. See following post.
How do I join the World Assembly? Click on World Assembly on left sidebar and click apply to join. You need an email address. An email will be sent to your email address.
What is the World Assembly? A international body that dedicates itself to making resolutions affecting anywhere from civil rights, trade and healthcare issues in the General Assembly and resolutions based on commendations, condemnations, and liberations in the Security Council.
MY BILL IS MADE ILLEGAL! Post your proposal in the WA forum. Someone may point out how to fix what was illegal in plain English.
My proposal did not went to a vote. You would need a campaign telegram to send to all the delegates, usually by api or telegram stamps. See this for codes to use when sending out mass telegrams under technical and this for api
How do I raid? If you get ejected you will likely get a recruitment telegram from a raider military.
Where are the roleplay resources? Factbooks and National Information
How do I declare war? Just create an OOC thread telling you want people to join and collaborate on your rp and start an IC thread.
Where can I discuss politics and news? NSG You may also discuss them in your region.
What are regions? Communities that usually have a government and its citizens that organize politics and its functions like a club or loose group of people with common interests. The rmb or regional message board serves as a means for nations to chat in that region. However a region may choose to conduct its services off site.
Gorundu
Nation: Vuy
Discord: An_Dr_Ew#7746

Post by Gorundu »

bobdabuilder wrote:
22 Aug 2019, 17:59
Post by bobdabuilder » 20 Aug 2019, 18:01

Im a noob and i cant find anything it would be awesome if a page explaining anything and everything about Nationstates is and how to do it.

Also i know this is the worst proposal ever written. You dont need to tell me

Thanks,
Bobdabuilder
I think you're missing the point of the World Assembly and the Security Council. The World Assembly is an in-character institution that writes in-character international resolutions. You're making a suggestion for admins (I presume NS admins since you submitted this in Security Council) or other players to make a page, which, depending on what you're looking for, already exists. Here's another link you might find helpful, in addition to ones others have posted above:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=444406
Officer of TNP Affairs

Return to “WA Archive”