[Abandoned] Repeal "Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders"

Moderators: Salem, Delegate

Cormac

Post by Cormac »

Repeal "Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders"
A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal | Resolution: SC#73 | Proposed by: Cormac Stark

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #73: Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council:

Reaffirming its repeated condemnation of acts of cultural destruction against regional communities, in whatever form such destruction may take and whether perpetrated on the initiative of individual nations or at the behest of regional governments or interregional organizations;

Reasserting its concern with the supportive attitudes expressed by some of the nations of Allied States of EuroIslanders for the acts of forum destruction perpetrated against The Black Hawks, The DEN, and Invaders Army at the time these offenses were committed;

Recalling that following the final act of forum destruction, the Red Liberty Alliance, of which Allied States of EuroIslanders was a founding member, conducted a thorough investigation of the offense and expelled the nations responsible for that act from its membership while also prohibiting forum destruction;

Acknowledging that, prior to these incidents, forum destruction had been a tactic that had not yet been universally condemned and had been used by other regions and organizations without significant consequence;

Observing that the Security Council has previously repealed SC#27, the condemnation of Unknown for the acts of forum destruction perpetrated by its intelligence agent against Crusaders of Justice and The Council of Narnia;

Noting that the attitude expressed by SC#73 in regard to regional forums ignores the importance of other regional forms of communication, which are routinely suppressed and even destroyed by invading forces without condemnation;

Reflecting that many nations responsible for acts of forum destruction and regions that have harbored such nations -- such as The Black Riders and Ceirien, to cite two recent examples -- have not been condemned by the nations and regions of the world through this institution for those actions;

Determining that Allied States of EuroIslanders has paid any penalty owed for complicity in the condemned acts of forum destruction, and that the nations formerly or currently residing in Allied States of EuroIslanders and the region itself should be able to actively engage with the interregional community without fear of further stigma or isolation:

Hereby Repeals SC#73: Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders.
I'll be leaving this up for comments to improve the draft for quite some time before submission.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Resident of the Rejected Realms

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson, "People Like Us"
Christian Democrats

Post by Christian Democrats »

I'd need to see TBH and DEN get behind this proposal first for me to support it.

EDIT: Also, Narnia still exists. Fotar runs the place.

http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_ ... _of_narnia
"I was born free and desire to continue so."

Cormac

Post by Cormac »

Christian Democrats wrote:
27 Jan 2015, 20:19
I'd need to see TBH and DEN get behind this proposal first for me to support it.
I personally don't think that's necessary. As far as I know, neither Crusaders of Justice nor Council of Narnia supported repeal of SC#27: Condemn Unknown, but that resolution was repealed -- largely due to the passage of time.

DEN also does not exist anymore in anything but name. The only extant regional community is The Black Hawks.

For me, this is about justice versus selective retribution. No nation has ever been condemned for forum destruction, and in only two cases -- Allied States of EuroIslanders and Unknown -- has collective responsibility been heaped upon a forum destroyer's home region despite their home region not authorizing the forum destruction. There are other regions that have been complicit in forum destruction, and still others that have harbored forum destroyers. There are invader regions harboring very recent forum destroyers right now with no apparent consequences from their invader and imperialist allies. Yet those regions, past and present, have not been condemned by the Security Council and neither have the nations belonging to the forum destroyers. To continue punishing Allied States of EuroIslanders is selective retribution, not justice.

I was referring to destruction of their forum years ago by an Unknown intelligence agent, Rougiers -- not to destruction of their actual region.

Unless you meant that I'm using the wrong region link. I just noticed that and I'll be fixing it.
Cormac Skollvaldr

"We are all misfits living in a world on fire." - Kelly Clarkson, "People Like Us"
Christian Democrats

Post by Christian Democrats »

Cormac wrote:
27 Jan 2015, 20:59

I was referring to destruction of their forum years ago by an Unknown intelligence agent, Rougiers -- not to destruction of their actual region.

Unless you meant that I'm using the wrong region link. I just noticed that and I'll be fixing it.
The part in blue.
"I was born free and desire to continue so."

Cormac

Post by Cormac »

This has been submitted.
Cormac Skollvaldr

Cormac

Post by Cormac »

This was pushed out of queue by a counter-campaign run by WA forum moderator Mallorea and Riva. >_>
Cormac Skollvaldr

Return to “WA Archive”