[Report] Walrus Wins Re-election

Past issues of The Rejected Times, our regional newspaper.

Moderators: Delegate, Editor-in-Chief

John Laurens
Nation: USS Merrimack
Discord: @thiccbois#9077

[Report] Walrus Wins Re-election

Post by John Laurens »

Walrus Wins Re-election

REPORT | WRITTEN BY JOHN LAURENS | EDITED BY JOHN LAURENS

In one of the most contested elections in The Rejected Realms history, Delegate Walrus secured reelection in the face of a strong challenge from now former speaker BowShot.

The first round of voting showed thirteen votes for Walrus, two short of the number required to win outright. Bowshot trailed narrowly with twelve votes, and behind him was Hoffania, a candidate who did not field a campaign. The second round was just as close, with Walrus narrowly winning fifteen votes to fourteen. Most of the friction on the campaign trail, and the choice for delegate, revolved around each citizen on the temperament of them, with one citizen saying “I voted the way I did because a Bowshot delegacy would be an absolute liability for TRR, and arguably the worst delegate since OnderKelkia”. Nequedum, a concerned citizen, spoke about Walrus, saying “Even though I was happy with both Bow and Mins, I ultimately voted the way I did because I think there are other Sinkers we should be building our relationship with far-and-away over Balder. I fear I will now be left watching this space with apprehension, although the rest of Mins mandate appears superb to me."

In the wake of a divisive campaign, Delegate Walrus is left with plenty to prove going into a second term, with eyes sure to be all over his plans for a renewed and aggressive foreign policy.
NOTE: The Rejected Times does not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Rejected Realms.
Find The Rejected Times Index here.
John Laurens-Wessex
Editor-in-Chief of The Rejected Times
Former Media, Culture, and Outreach Officer

Return to “The Rejected Times Archive”