Not Standing for Reconfirmation

A forum for storing threads from previous elections.

Moderator: Speaker

Christian Democrats

Post by Christian Democrats »

Constitution of the Rejected Realms,Article 6 | Section E wrote:Every 1 May, all current Councillors shall be subject to reconfirmation votes. Reconfirmation requires two-thirds majority. If a Councillor is not reconfirmed, the position shall became [sic] vacant.
Due primarily to real-world obligations and secondarily to my service on the newly established General Assembly Secretariat, I have decided not to stand for reconfirmation to the Citizenship Council on May 1. As I complete my second term, I feel that I am no longer able to perform the duties of this office as well as I would like and, therefore, that somebody else should be appointed to replace me. I thank Guy for nominating me to the Council in May 2015, I thank the Assembly for confirming me 16-0, and I thank the Assembly for reconfirming me 11-4 in May 2016.

(Admins: I am finishing the final week of my term, so don't remove my permissions yet. This is not a resignation.)
"I was born free and desire to continue so."

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Thank you for your service. :)

As a note, Christian Democrats was nominated by Guy in his capacity as Speaker. His successor will therefore be nominated by the incumbent Speaker. (I was nominated by the Officer with the longest continuous tenure as citizen, and Guy was nominated by the Delegate).
Constitution,article 6b wrote:... The manner of selection of the third Councillor shall be prescribed by the Assembly. ...
Speaker Act wrote:7. The Office shall appoint the Assembly-selected Councillor of the Citizenship Council.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Libetarian Republics
Nation: Libetarian Republics
Discord: LR#2079

Post by Libetarian Republics »

Thanks for serving this long :)
NPS

Post by NPS »

2 years processing cit apps - that's a while... Thanks for serving, and don't go inactive just because you don't have a job to do here.

Also @Weyes, can you appoint the worst candidate possible for the role? Like a random RMBer.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

NPS wrote:
01 May 2017, 05:17
Also @Weyes, can you appoint the worst candidate possible for the role? Like a random RMBer.
"I appoint NPS".
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Evolu Tanis

Post by Evolu Tanis »

frattastan wrote:
01 May 2017, 09:38
NPS wrote:
"I appoint NPS".
Come on, that was funny. Not a single chuckle in two weeks? Phooey.

Thanks for doing the work, CD.
(i.e. Sierra Lyricalia)
Here lies a toppled god.
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
A narrow and a tall one.
  • Tleilaxu Epigram
Ryno

Post by Ryno »

Evolu Tanis wrote:
19 May 2017, 21:33
frattastan wrote:
01 May 2017, 09:38
NPS wrote:
"I appoint NPS".
Come on, that was funny. Not a single chuckle in two weeks? Phooey.

Thanks for doing the work, CD.
I have never seen a person wish for a post that only contains lol.

Until now. Awesome. lol.
Who am I? Ryno, protector of regions, great unicorn soldier, fighter for NS purity, and bringer of greatness to TRR.
#notmywords

Return to “Elections Archive”