Officer for Snuggling Budgies

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Nakari

Officer for Snuggling Budgies

Post by Nakari »

Nakari for Officer of Culture

Hi! I’m Nakari, or Budgie Snugglers, or Riet and Wes, or Parazi. I’ve been around in NationStates for a while but never in government here. For the last few years I’ve been defending with the Grey Wardens, being in government in the South Pacific, and being a general nuisance in the Rejected Realms. I’m super fond of TRR and the community here - it’s where I’ve been most active for a while now, running Popmasters and Rejectvision and generally chatting - and I’d like to contribute in a more committed way. That’s right - I want to make this… offic(er)ial.

One of the things I love about the culture of TRR is that it’s really open and encourages people to try running things or starting games any time they want. I think this is probably the most important part of our culture, and I’d like to expand on this and make our activities more accessible to run. The Culture Library should be made more prominent, and I’ll be researching and testing out new games and formats to add to it, along with periodically getting culture members to pick out an event to run themselves. I’ll make sure we have a Popmaster or other kind of quiz every two weeks at least.

I’ve enjoyed the culture calendars but I understand that they were a lot of work to run. I think they can be made a lot easier to run by spreading out the activities - so that each weekday has a set event, but the actual running of events can be alternated between weeks, depending on the interest in each activity, and delegating some of the actual running of events. (So, for example, we keep Theme Tuesdays and Wednesday Puzzle Day, but one week we do Theme Tuesday and the next we do Puzzle Day). From Robespierre’s time as Culture Officer, I’d like to add monthly contests back to the calendar - it was always interesting to see people’s contributions, and they are fairly accessible events both to run and to join in.

Some of the most popular Reject cultural events revolve around music. I’d like to introduce themed music nights, too, where people can just chill and share music around a certain theme. (And yet the means of music production are locked away from the proletariat! I would like to bribe moderators into partially democratizing Groovy - perhaps by allowing Groovy to be publicly accessible on certain nights?)

Though I’m not opposed to big regional festivals, I think we can more organically grow close to other regions through involving them in our regular culture, especially if our culture can be kept consistently active - imagine inviting people from other regions to run a guest Popmaster with themes relevant to our regions, for example, and having their regionmates join in. Plus, hopefully it will form longer lasting friendships when the events aren’t totally separated from everyday culture.

Two weaknesses (or at least two weaknesses I’m willing to admit): the RMB and cards. Somehow in twelve years I have managed to avoid regularly talking on an RMB for more than a month or two at a time. Before making solid plans for the RMB, I’ll be talking with members of the culture office who actually are regulars on the RMB, and also Outreach since any activity on the RMB will necessarily be the most accessible for the newest players. The daily questions, polls and occasional rule days seem to have been popular in the past, and I’d like those to continue, either by myself, Outreach, or other culture members (and perhaps all that exposure to the RMB will actually get me to talk there regularly. Maybe.)

I haven’t really been interested in cards but the development of the Discarded League is exciting and I like the usage of cards as an incentive in cultural activities. I do have ideas for events that can involve cards, like a potential card scavenger hunt for Rejectmas, but it’s not really something I’m specialized in and I’ll probably be working with people who are more experienced (hi Jamie <3).

So! I'll hopefully be able to answer any questions you have on my campaign. I hope whether you choose to elect me or not, TRR continues to be an engaging, wonderful, and overall fun place to be!

Catalyse
Nation: Catalyse

Re: Officer for Snuggling Budgies

Post by Catalyse »

Will you rescind your TSP legislator status if you win?
Formerly former things.
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

Are you prepared to accomodate and weave the interests of your fellow highly intellectual colleagues into your election mandate? Would your electoral success in the December 2020 Officer Election further the intellectualist agenda?
Nakari

Post by Nakari »

Catalyse wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 00:21
Will you rescind your TSP legislator status if you win?
If the delegate bribes me sufficiently.
PowerPAOK wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 00:27
Are you prepared to accomodate and weave the interests of your fellow highly intellectual colleagues into your election mandate? Would your electoral success in the December 2020 Officer Election further the intellectualist agenda?
One idea I had is to make a kind of library of book suggestions for Rejects based on what other Rejects recommend and review, maybe for Rejectmas. Is that intellectual enough for you :P I will make sure all the actually recommended books have anarchist undertones.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

From Robespierre’s time as Culture Officer, I’d like to add monthly contests
What is this bread erasure 😭

Are there any particular contests that you enjoyed more than the others? Poetry, photos, short story and so on.

I’d like to introduce themed music nights, too, where people can just chill and share music around a certain theme.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!! I don't have a question, I just wanted to yell in excitement.

Though I’m not opposed to big regional festivals, I think we can more organically grow close to other regions through involving them in our regular culture, especially if our culture can be kept consistently active - imagine inviting people from other regions to run a guest Popmaster with themes relevant to our regions, for example, and having their regionmates join in. Plus, hopefully it will form longer lasting friendships when the events aren’t totally separated from everyday culture.

I LIKE THIS TOO!!

Do you have any particular regions in mind to start with for hosting a popmaster? OH WHAT IF WE DID LIKE SOME KIND OF FIND A PARTNER THEME DAY WITH A REGION OR SOMETHING.
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Invincible
Nation: The Republic of Vincey

Post by Invincible »

Yay! Am happy to see you running ^-^
Guy

Post by Guy »

Second. Good luck :)
Nakari

Post by Nakari »

Sarah wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 01:45
From Robespierre’s time as Culture Officer, I’d like to add monthly contests
What is this bread erasure 😭

Are there any particular contests that you enjoyed more than the others? Poetry, photos, short story and so on.
Omg I'm so sorry I only remembered Robes as doing them D:

I enjoyed the short story and meme contests the most! Meme because loads of people submitted and because it's surreal in a fun way to see a bunch of TRR memes, and short story because it was fun to read everyone else's but also I really enjoy writing.
Sarah wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 01:45
I’d like to introduce themed music nights, too, where people can just chill and share music around a certain theme.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!! I don't have a question, I just wanted to yell in excitement.

I LIKE THIS TOO!!

Do you have any particular regions in mind to start with for hosting a popmaster? OH WHAT IF WE DID LIKE SOME KIND OF FIND A PARTNER THEME DAY WITH A REGION OR SOMETHING.
I'm imagining a TSP one with themes like artists from countries in the South Pacific or songs about the sea, or maybe like a fantasy themed Tuesday with Caer Sidi. Partner theme days is SUCH A CUTE IDEA and I would love to do that :D

Guy wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 04:33
Second. Good luck :)
Invincible wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 04:08
Yay! Am happy to see you running ^-^
Thank you for the support! :hug:

Kraljevstvo Rata
Nation: Kraljevstvo Rata
Discord: arghackoof#7183

Post by Kraljevstvo Rata »

I like the new ideas, Nak! It's wonderful to see you run.
kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.kral. kral. kral.
Minskiev
Nation: Minskiev
Discord: walrus#8689

Post by Minskiev »

Yes. Truly wonderful.

*sips coffee slowly*

I will admit you have good ideas for Culture. Mediocre luck upon thee. I mustn’t bless you too strongly.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 11x WA author. Join the RRA here.
Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Post by Fauxia »

What will you do if the Delegate assigns you an office other than culture?
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
Nakari

Post by Nakari »

Fauxia wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 20:21
What will you do if the Delegate assigns you an office other than culture?
PANIC.

I really don't think I'm prepared for any of the other standard portfolios. I'd probably negotiate with the other officers and see if there is any way I can incorporate my culture plans with whatever other office I have been given, and do the best I can in that job until it's not awkward to resign. :P

Minskiev
Nation: Minskiev
Discord: walrus#8689

Post by Minskiev »

Perfect. Panic is good. Muahahahahaha.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 11x WA author. Join the RRA here.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Full support. I've really enjoyed your platform and it definitely got me hyped about things!

I can't wait to some cute partnered themes with our friends 😍
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

I like your ideas. Full support
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms

Manson told me to put these in my signature:

Return to “Campaigns”