THE Challenge for Delegate

Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

Harenhime
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

THE Challenge for Delegate

Post by Harenhime »

Sound!

Stage!

SHOWBIZ!

By popular demand...

Out of left field...

For the highest office in the land...

The Man...

The Myth...

The Legend...

EVER-WANDERING SOULS!

Ever-Wandering Soul's Campaign for TRR Delegate
Hey, hey, hey! This madman is actually doing it. So here goes!

Hi, I'm Ever-Wandering Souls, aka Harenhime, aka Economa, aka a lot more things, and I'd like to be your next delegate.

Let me get the pedigree out of the way first - I've been around this site since the end of 2012, and heavily involved in the sphere of Gameplay since the first day of 2014. I've been a defender, a raider, and a few things in between. I'm a roleplayer, and member of Madhouse Productions. I've been an admin for multiple healthy communities, large and small, going back years. I have plenty of experience being a delegate, includes as a delegate with 200ish endorsements. I made the premier guide for API TG recruitment, which has helped thousands of founders grow their regions. I maintain the Arts and Fiction Player Created Content Directory. I've written three security proposals, and passed both the two that were intended to pass. I've probably done some other stuff that I'm forgetting at the moment. I'd like to think I'm pretty qualified to be a delegate, but I'm happy to take any questions on the matter!

Now, I spy with my hawkish eyesight, some common platform questions, so I'll move on to those next.

1. What would make you a better Delegate than Mekhet?

Well, Mekhet's intending to resign, so simply by being present and willing to serve, it sure looks like I'd be a better delegate!

What, were you expecting an answer to a different question? I find my straightforwardness refreshing. :thumbsup:

2. How would you keep TRR active?

Everyone would be watching what I do so closely, they'd be forced to be active and present in order to do so.

...okay, that one was a joke. As the traditional wedding rhyme starts, I like the idea of "something old, something new." TRR has some great classic themes to work with - things like "don’t let the bastards push you down," or offering newcomers BBQ. What ever happened to that anyways? It's been gone since mid 2014, aside from brief returns in 2015 and 2016. Anyways, we can work with stuff like that, but add new spins. How about an actual TRR Barbecue contest, where we submit our best staged BBQ photos, recipes, and short descriptions? What can be done to really embrace and enhance an image and theme that really plays off of the unique position TRR is in? We've got the only mechanically unique region in the game! Let's see what we can do to brag about that!

3. What do you have planned for Foreign Affairs?

The delegate (the verb) that to a strong FA officer, honestly. I'm not the most diplomatic at times. I probably have some views that'd differ with the wider views of TRR. The best thing I can probably do there is take somewhat of a backseat and let the officer in question really shine!

Hey, I'm honest.

4. What do you have planned for Media?

I'd like to see TRT introduce a shorter format, and would lobby for that. That's definitely not to say "do away with the great long-format pieces," but rather that, perhaps instead of issues so big they take up two posts, we run two workflows - a more monthly/bimonthly (every other) long format project with bigger focus pieces, and then a shorter, faster, on-the-scene format that presents interviews, current news, speculation, etc to Gameplay *before* they're out of date and less relevant. TRT is one of the most respected publications on NS, and it'd be nice to see it on the scene of the action too.

5. What do you have planned for Outreach?

If I understand TRR's setup right, Outreach is mostly, somewhat confusingly, dealing with the common nations inside TRR or arriving in TRR, contacting them, encouraging endorsement, etc? I'd intend to make frequent use of regionwides, for one. Overall, keep things short and jazzy. There's really no need to arbitrarily revamp the whole thing, but there'd probably be some updates in relation to, as mentioned prior, really wanting to stress TRR's place a region factually like absolutely no other.

6. What do you have planned for Culture?

Given that culture is "where the Officers and others plot to keep the region active," you're kinda double dipping me here with Q2! So go read that again first. No, really, you asked the question twice, you can go read the answer twice. Git! Done? Okay. In addition, I'd like to note that I'm a fan of getting as many people as possible to contribute. I like running group movie nights, I like game nights, and I like contests (like the propaganda one TRR somewhat recently had!). Anything we do can cross-play well into other areas - Media can talk about it, Outreach can push it, FA can invite other regions to some of it.

7. What is your opinion on the current state of the other GCRs?

Most of them are boring and stagnant, locked in stuffy cliques, plodding sluggishly through the motions of existing, and doing about anything to avoid disrupting the peace. A couple of them have some shady stuff in the recent past that they've just kinda hoped everyone will move on from. And some, I assume know, are good people.

8. Are there any regions you would enter us in an alliance with, if so, why, and which regions?

Are there any regions you'd like to see us enter into an allegiance with? Because I'm pretty sure it's the assembly, and not the delegate, who is in charge of approving both treaties and declarations of war on the other end, and not the delegate.

9. Please list all of the jobs you've held of relevance below.

How do you define "of relevance?" Because this could be a veeeeery long list...

Now that that's out of the way, I'll wrap things up with the following:

Other Reasons to Vote Souls
>I am the only member of the TRR Diplomacy League with a 100% solo win rate
>I'm fairly certain I have never once received an official forum warning
>If I win, Nephmir might come out of the woodwork to comment on the fact that someone from TEK did eventually becomes TRR delegate, just took a couple years, and that'd be pretty funny for us all to laugh at
>If I'm WA locked in TRR, my WA can't be anywhere else doing nasty evil things like raiding. If you think about it, all the defenders here have an moral obligation to vote for me - y'all could remove one of the top raiders in the game from the field, and if you choose not to do so, you're setting me loose out into the world to wreak havoc!
>On the same thought, it's not like I can eject anyone or anything, it is TRR after all
>Me winning would draw more attention to this race and the region as a whole than any other candidate winning, and you know it
>I wrote a campaign song. Cue music! (The reaper is me, because I'm Souls) Shoutout to Raging Zen Master and his eternal demands for more cowbell.
>As this whole post demonstrates, like many posts I have made prior, when I go for it, I go all out for it. :guns:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Please leave a message after the post, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
That one dude.
Failed SC author, under this name. =( ...(2 for 2 under another)
Yuno is waifu, literally.
Dude who probably has the most NS stepchildren ever.
Mek suks.
Also the guy who kicked a bunch of raiders out of The Black Riders.
tupelope

Re: THE Challenge for Delegate

Post by tupelope »

nop
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
wabbitslayah

Post by wabbitslayah »

Mekhet approved. Seconded.
Harenhime
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe

Post by Harenhime »

wabbitslayah wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 21:58
Mekhet approved. Seconded.
Hard to beat a second from the sitting delegate. :cheers:
That one dude.
Mek suks.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

Will you raid us?
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 23:39
Will you raid us?
Only your hearts and souls.
That one dude.
Mek suks.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Post by Manson »

1. If elected, will you replace me, add another Vice-Delegate into the mix while keeping me, or have no Vice-Delegates at all?

2. How will you handle tarting?

3. Do you have any experience in tarting?
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

25 Sep 2018, 11:53
1. If elected, will you replace me, add another Vice-Delegate into the mix while keeping me, or have no Vice-Delegates at all?

1) Given it’s nature as a delegate-selected position, I’d select my own vice delegate that I feel suits my goals and aims, and additionally serves as a reliable second. I don’t presently have anyone specific in mind.

2) Traditional influence tarting is somewhat unnecessary for TRR, as there are no ejections (and no password). For TRR, the important thing is mainly just keeping a wide enough gap between your delegate (and any trusted “backups”) and the general populace that it’s not easy to tart up and then take the delegacy by force. Endo for Endo remains, then, largely useful just for increasing Endos on del. In that sense, a fairly low cap with some higher tiers for citizens/officers both provides a small “reward” and makes transitions easier, while giving some warning of anyone trying to take the delegacy by force, and given some time to prepare...but it’s also worth noting that there’s not exactly much way to enforce any cap beyond asking nicely :P there’s certainly no need for a system that goes all out encouraging full crossing in TRR.

3). Yes.
That one dude.
Mek suks.
mcmasterdonia

Post by mcmasterdonia »

Will you pick a better avatar if you are elected?
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

Maybe, but a friend made this, and I do like to support my local artists!
That one dude.
Mek suks.
Borovan4

Post by Borovan4 »

Stance towards the South Pacific if and only if you become delegate? Who succeeds you in the black hawks if you can't keep multiple jobs?
Guy

Post by Guy »

Harenhime wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 14:20

1) Given it’s nature as a delegate-selected position, I’d select my own vice delegate that I feel suits my goals and aims, and additionally serves as a reliable second. I don’t presently have anyone specific in mind.

2) Traditional influence tarting is somewhat unnecessary for TRR, as there are no ejections (and no password). For TRR, the important thing is mainly just keeping a wide enough gap between your delegate (and any trusted “backups”) and the general populace that it’s not easy to tart up and then take the delegacy by force. Endo for Endo remains, then, largely useful just for increasing Endos on del. In that sense, a fairly low cap with some higher tiers for citizens/officers both provides a small “reward” and makes transitions easier, while giving some warning of anyone trying to take the delegacy by force, and given some time to prepare...but it’s also worth noting that there’s not exactly much way to enforce any cap beyond asking nicely :P there’s certainly no need for a system that goes all out encouraging full crossing in TRR.
How do you conceive of the Vice-Delegate position? Specifically, how will the VD help you attain your goals and aims? As is no secret, I'm a big advocate for separating the endorsee role and any "Delegate's helpers" (and I think the latter are somewhat dubious without a constitutional amendment, even if probably legal).

ftr, I think endo-caps are unhelpful in TRR.
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

Borovan4 wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 16:20
Stance towards the South Pacific if and only if you become delegate? Who succeeds you in the black hawks if you can't keep multiple jobs?
I will still have my personal views, but as I made clear previously, I’d hope to rely on a strong FA Officer, and ultimately the delegate is not the one who approves or disapproves of alliances.

While that doesn’t seem particular relevant, I can assure Council will remain solvent with or without my presence.
That one dude.
Mek suks.
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

Guy wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 16:23
Harenhime wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 14:20

How do you conceive of the Vice-Delegate position? Specifically, how will the VD help you attain your goals and aims? As is no secret, I'm a big advocate for separating the endorsee role and any "Delegate's helpers" (and I think the latter are somewhat dubious without a constitutional amendment, even if probably legal).

ftr, I think endo-caps are unhelpful in TRR.
When this topic has come up previously, I’ve supported the idea of a vice del being somewhat of a “Vice President,” someone with similar policy goals and who is in place to fulfill the roles of the delegate should the delegate be unavailable. More manpower, and if I’m busy for a few days, they’re still here. I see good reasons for a “security council” to exist as a separate body, a few old hands that maintain high endorsements just in case (of delegate issues, of invasion, etc - in place with a small gap ready). I don’t necessarily think that the “helper” role needs to *not* be second in endos, but I also don’t think it needs to be either. Open to exploration there. It’s really a question of, if something goes badly wrong, who do you want things to default to first while the pieces are picked up? I’m fine with that being either the vice del or the security body, as long as in the former case the security body is there as well.

In general, having a second makes sense, even if it requires some legal modifications to make it more clear. The officers do exist in their specific roles, but like any club or organization ever, there’s not just a treasurer/secretary/historian, there’s also a vice president that just helps the leading role.

I think there’s a potential opportunity to leverage caps in order to provide an artificial reward (in terms of raised caps) for things like becoming a citizen, but understand that again, there’s little mechanical way of enforcing them here.
That one dude.
Mek suks.
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

Been there, done that. Not many were fans of the Vice-President approach.
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

PowerPAOK wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 18:47
Been there, done that. Not many were fans of the Vice-President approach.
K. :yawn:
That one dude.
Mek suks.
mcmasterdonia

Post by mcmasterdonia »

I second.
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

mcmasterdonia wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 23:58
I second.
I appreciate the support.

Can I field any questions or concerns from anyone?
That one dude.
Mek suks.
Wopruthien

Post by Wopruthien »

How do we get rid of you?
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

Wopruthien wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 14:32
How do we get rid of you?
Well, there’s a curse to be broken, which is a long process with a few steps. A couple artifacts need to be found, some exorcisms performed, and then when I’m left vulnerable by the above, you need to seize the chance to defeat me - I won’t be useless though, just actually mortal. You’ll need a legendary weapon, at the least. Then, after I’m as “dead” as something that already was can be, you’ve got to make sure I don’t just come back...
That one dude.
Mek suks.
thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

Should vice delegate be a political role as you intend for it to be? There's a reason it never was before.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

You can’t really, beyond minor stuff like removing a few yourself/among officers. Nonetheless, just by stating them, many will follow them, and if many follow them, it can help it be more quickly evident when someone is intent on tarting well beyond them when they’re not supposed to be. TRR can’t eject security threats - only beat them off, before or after it’s too late, so anything that adds more response time or widens the gap needed to be passed should make the region more secure.
That one dude.
Mek suks.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Will you change your flag if elected?
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Harenhime

Post by Harenhime »

Why did you edit your post to a totally different question after I’d answered it, CoS? >.>

FTR: I was answering about how I intend to enforce EndoCaps.

Name things what you will, but as discussed a few weeks ago as well as more recently, I’m in the camp that favors an stable, long term security role, a then a seperate “second” or “Vice” to the delegate that serves as a general aid/backup to primary duties. It’s a good way to add more stability/reliability, imho.

@Fratt, yes. I’ll find somewhere else to fly my RWBY flag :P
That one dude.
Mek suks.
thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

I changed my post because I read one of the longer posts and saw that you'd already answered that question. Not that I enjoyed spending my lazy time before I got out of bed doing that, lol.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History

Return to “Campaigns”