Awards ceremony

frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Awards ceremony

Post by frattastan »

Here are the results! Which were all known since yesterday to those paying attention to the polls, but are now available in semi-fancy announcement form.

Best Newcomer: Deadeye Jack

Jack joined TRR only in the second half of the year, but quickly managed to become a household name thanks to his activity across our platforms and his enthusiasm and effective approach in government service.

Outstanding RMBer: MargiBoof

While less active these days Margi was there on our message board for a good part of 2018, greeting newcomers, weathering spammers and leading conversation, and easily grabs the RMB crown.

RRA Newcomer Soldier: Invincible (n-vince)

n-vince, who ended up in TRR for unclear and possibly Werewolf-related reasons, has been a dedicated updater and an interested learner since his recent enlistment in the RRA. Here's to hoping he will grow on to become a leader for the defender community and won't stray from the path of freedom-fighting.

Greymarshes Achievement Award: Frattastan

"He was even Commended last year, wasn't he?".

Best Werewolf Player(s): Wopruthien and Nakari

One of them is a TRR veteran, Jack's right-hand man in the Culture department, and possibly the person who first introduced Werewolf (originally in the forum version) to our region. The other is a regular and much loved participant in The Rejected Realms's cultural activities and Discord conversations, despite not actually holding citizenship! Thanks to their quick thinking and solid logical skills, perfected over an embarrassingly high number of games, they both get to share this coveted award. Or maybe they are just good at lying.

Pen & Paper Award: Glacikaldr

As a prolific and witty writer Glacikaldr/Nequedum/PowerPAOK did much to inject new enthusiasm into The Rejected Times over 2018, both as a journalist and as an editor, and takes this award for the second time.

Best Legislator: Guy

Precise and legally-minded, Guy is frequently responsible for putting people's opinions together and preparing final drafts after Assembly debates. He wins this award again, narrowly beating "Mr Repeal" The Grim Reaper.

Most Outstanding Officer: Deadeye Jack

A late entry, having been elected only in December, Deadeye Jack is effectively turning TRR into a cultural hub through the many and widely popular community activities he promoted.

Best Government Member: Catalyse

Delegate for the first half of 2018, Catalyse led the region through a successful period and was widely praised for her leadership and her personal work both during her term and afterwards, at home and abroad. She wins this award for the second consecutive year.

TRR Event of the Year: the forum move

After using the same offsite platform for nearly fourteen years, Tapatalk ruined the Rejected Realms' (and many other regions') peaceful status quo by purchasing ZetaBoards in its quest to expand its poorly-maintained forum empire.
Trying to escape hideous and non-customisable forum skins and various potential security flaws TRR citizens took the hard decision of moving to a new forum software and paid hosting, while scrambling to salvage as much content as possible. Much like a mad scientist's visionary experiment it didn't work perfectly, but we hope it will herald a new stage of our regional evolution nonetheless.

Veteran Reject Award: Kyorgia

As with several other players The Rejected Realms was Kyorgia's first "major" region, introducing him to the wider world of NationStates gameplay when he arrived here in 2014. Even if his career sometimes took paths that might be considered unorthodox in TRR, he's proven to be a consistent and loyal presence and deservedly earns recognition (perhaps belatedly) of his veteran status with this award.

Reject of the Year: Frattastan

He's been a FA Officer and a Delegate or something, but secretly he hopes that the award is for all the time spent dealing with the countless, diverse, menial tasks of the past year. Suspiciously, this is the second time that this award is won by the sitting delegate.

Quote of the Year: "someone turn Catalyse on and off again. Appears to be malfunctioning"

Over the two years that she has spent in TRR we have come to appreciate Catalyse not only as a government official, but also for her distinctive sense of humour. Sometimes, however, she leans a bit towards the nonsensical. NS veteran politician McMasterdonia effectively managed to encapsulate our feelings about her quirkiest moments.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated, by nominating or voting.
Thanks to all people who, be they veterans or fleeting passerbys, helped make this region a special place.

May your year be filled with rejection.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Manson
Discord: ereh#8503

Re: Awards ceremony

Post by Manson »

Congrats to everyone! Put the awards in your sigs! :grr:
Fratt wrote:Welcome to the Meatgrinder.

The average life expectancy of a Manson deputy after their appointment is four days. Good luck.
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 21:49
Congrats to everyone! Put the awards in your sigs! :grr:
Never. :^)
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
wabbitslayah

Post by wabbitslayah »

Omg I accept all of these awards. I'm so grateful for all of ya'lls support.
Invincible
Nation: The Republic of Vincey

Post by Invincible »

Wow, I won! Thanks a lot
wabbitslayah

Post by wabbitslayah »

Invincible wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 05:48
Wow, I won! Thanks a lot
Me too! sweet!
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

I'd like to thank my girlfriend's pet dog, Dooley.
wabbitslayah

Post by wabbitslayah »

I'd like to thank Neq, Neq's girlfriend, and I'd also like to thank Neq's girlfriend's pet dog, Dooley.
MargiBoofö
Nation: MargiBoof

Post by MargiBoofö »

Oh wow. Congrats to everyone! I was owo’ing when I first saw my nomination. And ya, Imma put the award in my sig.
Also I’d like to thank everyone because y’all are awesome. I’d especially like to thank my brother’s bearded dragon. :trr:
frattastan wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 21:13
This kid got an award for some reason.
Nequedum
Nation: Glacikaldr
Discord: Nequedum#1716

Post by Nequedum »

MargiBoofö wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 15:47
Oh wow. Congrats to everyone! I was owo’ing when I first saw my nomination. And ya, Imma put the award in my sig.
Also I’d like to thank everyone because y’all are awesome. I’d especially like to thank my brother’s bearded dragon. :trr:
What's the dragon's name?
MargiBoofö
Nation: MargiBoof

Post by MargiBoofö »

PowerPAOK wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 07:37
MargiBoofö wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 15:47
What's the dragon's name?
Spike. :yes:
frattastan wrote:
18 Mar 2019, 21:13
This kid got an award for some reason.
Deadeye Jack
Discord: Mad-Eye Jack#6068

Post by Deadeye Jack »

Congrats to all the winners and thanks for the love
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms