Bormiar
Nation: Bormiar

[FAILED] Commend Christian Democrats

Post by Bormiar »

The Security Council

Commend Christian Democrats

Commendation

Nominee: Christian Democrats

A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Proposed by Marxist Germany
The World Assembly,

Praising the significant contributions brought about by the nation of Christian Democrats, to the World Assembly and the Nation States; including its skilled General Assembly ambassadors, its regional leadership abilities, and the several issues of great importance that have been highlighted and presented to national leaders by it,

Impressed by the numerous resolutions passed by Christian Democrats' ambassadors through direct authorship, and co-authorship, in both chambers of the World Assembly, which amounts to 13 resolutions: 12 in the General Assembly, and 1 in the Security Council; these resolutions have covered varying and momentous topics, and include: GA#213 which protects the right to privacy with some exceptions for criminal activity and other minor situations; bans on non-consensual marriages and marital rape in GA#160 and GA#231 respectively; GA#285 that provided member-states with the prerogative to decide upon the legality of euthanasia, and banned forced euthanasia; GA#310 which gave the franchise to people with disabilities; GA#233 which banned businesses from taking life insurance on their workers and subsequently profit over their deaths; and several others,

Recognising that Christian Democrats is the current and longest-serving delegate of Catholic, with 1260 consecutive days and over 2200 total days in that office; furthermore, during its reign as delegate, the region reached an all-time high membership record of 123 nations, and has enjoyed a long period of stability and security during this era, Christian Democrats also served as the High Councillor of the region from 2012 to 2013,

Applauding Christian Democrats' involvement in the liberation and subsequent refounding of Catholic, which included the authorship of SC#82 Repeal "Liberate Catholic"; the refounding of the region ensured that the region will be safe from raiders, and it succeeded in doing so as there were no raids of Catholic thereafter,

Observing that Christian Democrats served many positions in other regions, these include:
  • Officer of Internal Affairs, Officer of Culture, Officer of WA Affairs, Officer of Media, Speaker of the Assembly, and Citizenship Councillor, in The Rejected Realms, herein referred to as TRR, under the alias James ii; during its time in TRR, Christian Democrats was active in the regional legislature known as The Assembly, was responsible for writing the regional newspaper during 2015, and was one of the most remarkable and prominent members of the region at the time;
  • TRR's Representative to The Founderless Regions Alliance from 2013 to 2016, an alliance that was one of the largest defending organisations in history, it also served as Speaker of the Assembly from 2015 to 2016, and as Deputy Speaker of the Assembly from 2014 to 2015; it served as Speaker and Representative until the Alliance went defunct;
Noting the several issues of national importance that have been brought to leaders by Christian Democrats which are:
  • Electile Dysfunction, which dealt with different methods of electing a national legislature, such as proportional representation, first-past-the-post, ranked-choice voting, sortition, and plutocracy;
  • Foetal Furore, which addressed the issue of protests on abortion outside of abortion clinics, and allowed nations to ban protests outside of abortion clinics, allow them, ban abortion entirely, or ban the pro-life movement;
  • Bicameral Backlash, which highlighted the benefits and disadvantages of a bicameral legislature;
  • Clerical Errors, an issue that gave nations the option to allow women to serve as members of the clergy, ban them from doing so, or keep the government out of such matter;
Acknowledging that Christian Democrats maintained a comprehensive list of every known issue brought forth to the attention of national leaders for a period of approximately 14 months before it decided to pass the task to Drasnia,

Awed by the hundreds of debates that the World Assembly delegation of Christian Democrats participated in, which helped improve and refine numerous proposals and resolutions, and has certainly left its mark in the General Assembly,

Believing that a nation with as many accomplishments as Christian Democrats is certainly deserving of the honour of having a Security Council Commend bestowed upon it,

Hereby Commends Christian Democrats.
The Second Coming is nigh upon us.
Bormiar

Re: [In queue] Commend Christian Democrats

Post by Bormiar »

While I'm pissed at MG for thinking you need to link the goddamn nation every time you mention it, I'm suppressing my anger and voting for this. CD did a lot for the GA and TRR. I don't think him being non-compliant on a few resolutions for the last couple days throws that out.

For.
Tinhampton
Nation: Lydia Anderson
Discord: Tinhampton#7402

Post by Tinhampton »

Reluctantly FOR. It's not the best or most efficient way that you could have talked about his achievements, but it just about does the job and cuts the mustard ;P.
Tinhampton, the Self-Administrative City of

GA author x4, SC author x3, issue co-author x1, Cup of Harmony winner x1 (LXXVIII)
Bobberino
Nation: Bobby Rino
Discord: Bobberino#6969

Post by Bobberino »

For
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Bormiar wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 01:25
While I'm pissed at MG for thinking you need to link the goddamn nation every time you mention it, I'm suppressing my anger and voting for this. CD did a lot for the GA and TRR. I don't think him being non-compliant on a few resolutions for the last couple days throws that out.

For.
What do you mean by non-compliant?
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Bormiar

Post by Bormiar »

Sarah wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 02:42
Bormiar wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 01:25

For.
What do you mean by non-compliant?
It means they don't abide by the resolution. In this case, they won't allow abortion, even though those resolutions mandate it.
Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Post by Fauxia »

Noncompliance is a bad reason to vote against, imo.

The man’s done a lot, look past his personal views. For.
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
Guy

Post by Guy »

Abstain
Cove
Nation: Chimes
Discord: JamieNS#9042

Post by Cove »

Abstain.
~ Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms ~
~ Former Officer for the World Assembly ~
~ Ex-Speaker of The Rejected Realms Assembly (2 Terms) ~
~ Former RRA Officer ~
frattastan
Discord: frattastan#2205

Post by frattastan »

For, I guess.
In this world there are two kinds of people: those with loaded guns and those who dig. I dig.
Morover
Nation: Morover

Post by Morover »

Wait, I didn't vote in this? For real?

Against. I'll copy something I said on Discord below:
There's 2 aspects to every c/c - the IC aspects of the person, and the OOC aspects of the person. From an OOC perspective, and from what I've heard from a variety of people, CD was very vocal about bigoted opinions - that's not necessarily abortion, because I do feel as though that is more nuanced than other issues, but moreso in regards to his blatantly homophobic remarks and beliefs (which would probably be a non-issue if it wasn't brought out on others)

But then there's IC aspect, where CD was pretty certainly commendable. They've done plenty of work - a lot of which was in the GA. Unlike some of the other Christian GA-ers, they have pretty much always remained in compliance (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=chr ... ok/id=2691) with proposals, even if they disagreed with them. This is important, because a large part of CD is his contributions to the GA, and it shows that he hasn't let his views cloud his compliance, thus complementing his prior work there. However, in signing that document, it brings his genuine goodwill in the GA into question, thus soiling that part of the resolution. Now, the argument could be made that even without the GA resolutions, he's wholly commendable - which may very well be the case, but this recent bout of noncompliance has largely made the section regarding those resolutions a hindrance to the proposal. And even if you disagree with me there, there's still the OOC side to things.

Ideally, both OOC and IC contributions and actions will be good, but in some cases where one of them may be tainted, the other one can support the proposal and it can still pass. That may have been the case with this proposal, had CD waited just a bit longer before flaunting noncompliance, but he didn't, which soiled the sanctity of one of those aspects
Christian Democrats

Post by Christian Democrats »

Morover wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 22:13
<snip>
I'm not sure about the sources of some of these misrepresentations, but I commented on them in the main SC thread:

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... #p37419464
"I was born free and desire to continue so."

Robespierre
Nation: Inflection of Rejection
Discord: TheMacMilitant#1962

Post by Robespierre »

For, I suppose...
Fmr. Officer of World Assembly Affairs Fmr. Officer without Portfolio
Fmr. Officer of Culture
Morover
Nation: Morover

Post by Morover »

Christian Democrats wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 02:04
Morover wrote:
<snip>
I'm not sure about the sources of some of these misrepresentations, but I commented on them in the main SC thread:

Saying "I don't discriminate against people" isn't convincing, honestly. In regards to your noncompliance stuff, I think that it would be fine (and even good RP) - if you didn't sign a pact (presumably in-character) that explicitly says you will not comply with extant GA legislation.
Fauxia
Nation: Fauxia
Discord: Fauxia#1470

Post by Fauxia »

Morover wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 18:22
Christian Democrats wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 02:04
Morover wrote:
<snip>

Saying "I don't discriminate against people" isn't convincing, honestly. In regards to your noncompliance stuff, I think that it would be fine (and even good RP) - if you didn't sign a pact (presumably in-character) that explicitly says you will not comply with extant GA legislation.
I don’t think noncompliance warrants a vote against, but I have to say I find CD’s defense against it rather weak. If the (merely de facto) noncompliance he illustrates accurately described his nation, the nation would still maintain, nominally, that abortion would remain legal - which was accurate until recently.

As for the OOC stuff, I think its relevance is vastly exaggerated. If you can find a pattern where CD treats LGBT persons OOCly toxically, then that is relevant. The question on OOC issues’ relevance should be whether the player (CD in this case) is harming player safety. Can you find evidence Of a pattern that CD is a toxic player who treats LGBT players like scum? I doubt it.

People will hold their views. If this was a vote for president or prime minister, they’d be relevant. But it’s not, it’s a recognition of contributions to a browser game. CD is way over the bar in question.
Deputy Officer of Being Irrelevant
thechurchofsatan

Post by thechurchofsatan »

For.

The man's put in the work and paid his dues. He has earned it.

Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History
Warzone Codger

Post by Warzone Codger »

For, I guess.
Also known as Jeffersonborg - re-educating ejectees one mind at a time.
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Against
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Currently voted for

I appreciate all the super confident "I guess"es lol
Awards and Stuff!
click me

Return to “Security Council”