Government Announcements - Sarah

Contains all the archives as sub-forums.
Sarah

Government Announcements - Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hello lovely Citizens of TRR! I will use this to address y'all about the elections and which officer is going where. There will be some surprises here, and some difficult choices. I'm asking that everyone can have some patience, and understand that I am making the decisions on what I feel will be best for TRR as a whole. With two of the officers running on an FA main platform, some decisions had to be made. Some compromises had to be had.

I did not make these decisions lightly. I have thought hard about this, maybe had a passionate discussion once or twice. Ultimately, I had to decide about what is best for TRR. I needed to acknowledge what my weakest spots are and how I can place officers to make the cabinet the best it can be for TRR.

Jack will be the Culture officer. This was the easiest office to fill :-D Jack has a lot of plans and he may kill us with activities, but what a good way to die, amirite? I look forward to the activities calendar and having an activity every day!

Cata will be the FA officer. This is one of my weaker areas, and this is where I need someone with the experience and is ready to roll with it. Cata has been with us for years, and I think she'll have no trouble getting back into the groove of officership.

Robes will be the WA officer. While I understand Robes' first choice is FA, unfortunately I don't need two FA officers. Robes' platform was extremely detailed and I absolutely believe he will be a great officer. It's going to be a shift change for sure, but I'm confident Robes will be excellent in this position. Robes is very detail oriented and task focused. I think he will be a great asset here with his focus and attention to detail.

Makdon will be the officer of Outreach. This is another surprise "not the platform he ran on" posting. Outreach has always been one of my passions, outside of Culture. I really do love what outreach could be. I plan on being most active in Outreach, and I think this will go well with Makdon being a new officer. I'm really looking forward to working closely with this office and Makdon and seeing what we can grow this office into.

Current Cabinet - 9th of August 2020

Delegate: Sarah

Officer of Foreign Affairs - Cata
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer of the World Assembly - Robes
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer of Culture - Jack
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer of Outreach - Makdon
Deputy Officer - TBD
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Sarah

Re: Government Announcements - Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Round Two

After some serious discussions, there has been a change of plans. Makdon will be the WA officer and Robes will be the Outreach officer. I'm not gonna do another long speech thing, I do believe that either will be fine in either office.

Thank you to everyone for your patience.

Current Cabinet - 9th of August 2020

Officer of Foreign Affairs - Cata
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer of the World Assembly - Makdon
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer of Culture - Jack
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer of Outreach - Robes
Deputy Officer - TBD
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

This is the bimonthly report on government activity as mandated by the Government Accountability Act. This report covers the months of July and August.

Officers: Deadeye Jack, Catalyse, Makdon, Robespierre
Endorsements: 208 (44%) | WA population: 477
Average residency: 150.91 days | Average endorsements: 1.21 | Average influence: 638.31| Number of citizens: 118

RMB messages in the month of July: 4550 posts (147 posts per day)
RMB messages in the month of August: 4625 posts (149 posts per day)

July
112,037 posts of which 96,869 public
Bot percentage 9.8%

August
88,695 posts of which 74,655 public
Bot percentage 3.7%

Culture

Immediately after getting into office, Deadeye Jack launched the monthly calendar. With the month of August over, we had 89 different people participate in at least one of the activities and 60 was the highest for one specific activity! The highest participation activity for one day being RMB rule day. For September, to get more focused activity, Deadeye Jack laid out a discord react program to ping people for certain activities they are interested in participating in. Deadeye Jack has also been keeping a spreadsheet of who has been participating in what, and I hope to have outreach work with that.

Foreign Affairs

W e've discussed several expansions of current treaties with allies. We've started planning a large event we were invited to join along with multiple regions. The update will be somewhat delayed but should be ready to release soon. Catalyse has started reviewing treaties and making suggestions on possible ones to prune or look at further.

World Assembly

Makdon is putting together a spreadsheet to help get world Assembly staff more involved in helping post on the forum and things like that. I think it'll be a good organizational tool. We've discussed ideas on how to get people more involved in the discussions on the forum for proposals. we are currently trying out a positive or negative vote on the Discord, if you don't have anything to discuss. while ultimately I would like more discussion, it is helpful to at least get a better idea of how the citizens would like me to cast my vote. He is currently working on writing dispatches for recommendations of votes, and pros and cons list trying to decide which way to go with those.

Outreach

Robespierre has rewritten the endorse me Friday dispatch, and he's been getting that out every Friday. He has plans on doing some minor Outreach forum reorganizing, just cleaning up a bit. He is working redoing the mass TG that had been started previously. Robespierre's deputy is working on getting a list together to TG nations on a one-on-one basis, in hopes of getting people on the discord and then Citizenship. I hope to have outreach utilize Deadeye Jack's spreadsheet, that has an organized list of who has been participating in what events.

Media

Agalaesia has been consistently getting out a monthly TRT. He recently released his dispatch for the Outlander program, inviting in non Citizens to write an article for TRT. We've had a good turnout for articles lately, and a lot of enthusiasm. I've talked to Agalaesia about posting on the forum so TRT can be checked for formatting issues before publishing to the public.
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

This is the bimonthly report on government activity as mandated by the Government Accountability Act. This report covers the months of September and October.

I do sincerely apologize for this report being late, it had completely slipped my mind. I want to thank all the citizens for being patient and understanding, and Gor for bringing it to my attention.

Officers: Deadeye Jack, Fratt, Makdon, Robespierre
Endorsements: 207 (48%) | WA population: 431
Average residency: 176.23 days | Average endorsements: 1.3 | Average influence: 680.79| Number of citizens: 121

RMB messages in the month of September: 3700 posts 132 posts per day)
RMB messages in the month of October: 2883 posts (115 posts per day)

September
71,437 posts of which 63,885 public
Bot percentage 1.8%

October
83,779 posts of which 76,096 public
Bot percentage 1.4%

Culture

In September, Jack did another culture calendar month schedule. However, after review of participation and engagement, it was decided not to do one for October. The amount of preparation was deemed too much for the amount of overall participation. I agreed with this assessment. We joined Potato Alliance for N-day, worked with TSP and TEP for the paradox Festival, and we a weekend long in-region Halloween party.

Foreign Affairs

Fratt is working on several different projects at the moment. We have moved forward on the planning for the defender outreach program and a WA bloc possibility. Makdon is also involved in the WA bloc discussions at this time. Fratt has cleaned up and closed some embassies, and is reaching out to Capitalist Paradise to discuss our current treaty with them.

World Assembly

Makdon is working on ways to get the current WA staff more involved in things, noticing a lull in activity. He continues to post the voting threads and pings, however beyond that is still something to work on. I will be discussing with Makdon ideas on how we can get WA staff motivated to work with him as a team and see what we can accomplish that way.

Outreach

Robespierre has been trying a bi-weekly endorsement dispatch instead of a weekly one. I’m unsure of how this will go, and if we need to we will switch back to weekly dispatches. While I am down an endo from the last report, I have gone up in percentage. I have been sending Robes discord tags for people that join, so that he can reach out to them on a one on one basis and help them integrate into TRR successfully. Robes is also looking in to rewriting some of our regional dispatches and making sure they have the most up to date information.

Media

TRT is currently publishing monthly editions, and a new TRT publication guide has been created, and includes information about how TRT can be published. Aga has been doing well keeping staff engaged and on task.
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Current Cabinet - 9th of December 2020

Officer of Foreign Affairs - Neq
Deputy Officer - Robes

Officer of the World Assembly - Jamie
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer of Culture - Nakari
Deputy Officer - TBD

Officer Without Portfolio - Robes
Deputy Officer - TBD

I will be leading the Outreach team and ensuring that those tasks get done.
Awards and Stuff!
click me
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

This is the bimonthly report on government activity as mandated by the Government Accountability Act. This report covers the months of November and December.

Officers: Robespierre, Jamie, Naka, Neq

Endorsements: 198 (43%) | WA population: 461
Average residency: 178.82 days | Average endorsements: .95 | Average influence: 631.29 | Number of citizens: 127

RMB messages in the month of November: 2875 posts (96 posts per day)
RMB messages in the month of December : 3850 posts (124 posts per day)

November
130,900 messages of which 116,298 public
Bot percentage 3.4%

December
62,340 messages of which 45,613 public
Bot percentage 1.7%

Culture
In Naka's own words -
I've been running Rejectmas and a few events in the Harry Potter festival, which are still on and which people should totally join! Also I've revived the culture calendar and been experimenting with new events, which have had promising levels of participation 😃
Foreign Affairs

In Neq's own words
So far, I have been able to help oversee the smooth formation of the Partnership for Sovereinty, our interregional Security Council bloc that will provide us with a stable foundation to coordinate campaigns for liberations and commendations. This was the first goal of my mandate and I believe what we have settled on will prove fruitful.

As for my second and third goals, but particularly the latter on reframing our regional holidays as celebrations open to our allies and friends, I have been able to lay down departmental changes with support from Robes as the Officer without Portfolio and my Deputy Officer of Foreign Affairs (Diplomatic Corps). Our embassy assignment overhaul alongside the implementation of regular tasks for ambassadors has allowed us to better promote meaningful relationship with our allies and friends by ensuring there is someone assigned to provide more personalised enthusiasm for our upcoming events than just posting a Foreign Update.
World Assembly

In Jamie's own words
I’ve been continuing my program for recommendations for all GA and SC proposals, I’ve slightly modified some of our existing templates - mainly the discord ping one in order to facilitate forum discussion, I’ve also done a roll call to monitor activity levels of existing WA staff and to check what areas people are interested in.

Otherwise, I’ve been brainstorming a few more unconventional WA ideas, including awards for debate participation etc, was thinking of combining these with the card gifts to further entice participation.
Outreach

I have been working with outreach closely this term. We've gotten a channel in the discord to better organize. Have been doing bi-weekly nne dispatches, and DMing newcomers to the discord on a one-on-one level. Looking forward to working with officers directly with their outreach needs. We also recently received a bit of a wa dump from twp, so looking into ways we can benefit from that where they couldn't.

Officer without Portfolio

In Robes' own words
Thus far into the term I’ve...

- Worked with Neq on completing our embassy assignments overhaul for the Diplomatic Corps (I ran the form survey, PM’d all citizens on the forums, reminded people on Discord, etc.)

- Worked with Neq to update our embassy guidelines and FAQs (that included me suggesting wording changes, editing, arranging it in a dispatch format that I later published, etc.) https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1480466

- Have began searching for regions that would be interested in guest-hosting Popmasters with us or holding split theme days where participants are asked to find partners in the region to do a theme with ( << Culture thing that I’m helping Naka with)

- and I’m awaiting anything that Jamie wants me to do lol
Awards and Stuff!
click me

Return to “Super Archive”