Home to all past campaigns.

Moderator: Speaker

BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

BowShot 4 Officer Again Woo!

Post by BowShot118 »

BowShot 4 Officer!
In a surprise twist I'm sure nobody saw coming, I've decided to run for Officer, with a goal of ending up as Culture or Foreign Affairs Officer.

Culture
I don't think Culture has been particularly great so far this term. #Return2Vis etc etc

I don't want to revolutionise the Office, I just want to do the following:
  • Reduce the Frequency of Werewolf
    We go through periods of high and low activity in werewolf, and I think the region is kinda burnt out with the game atm. It very much has a place in our schedule, but I think it should be cut to one organised/scheduled session a week.
  • Retain the Culture Calendar
    Organisation +1
  • Scrap IO Friday
    I like the idea of events where people don't have to be present at the same time, but I think we've run out of interesting stuff to run here
  • Increase the frequency and variety of games
    Bringing back games like Cards Against Humanity, Codenames and Geotastic would help mix up what we run. I'd like like to bring up the games per week back up to 2, excluding werewolf to give people more opportunities to hop in and play with fellow rejects.
  • Popmaster & RejectVision
    I'd like to run a popmaster every 6 or so weeks, and would like to run another RejectVision towards the end of the term as it's been a while since we've had one.
  • Eurovision Watch Party
    Eurovision's Grand Final is on the 11th of May, and given how many of us are into Eurovision, holding a watch party/getting together in TRR's discord to watch it together could be quite nice.
I generally wanna help to encourage a continued more jokey and fun environment when the discord can get quite depressing, particularly with the state of the RMB.

Foreign Affairs
I have no specific, concrete goals or things I'd do as Foreign Affairs Officer. I'd like to ensure we take a look at more inactive embassies, and looking beyond our more traditional allies and towards frontiers for relations, but from what I can gather Salem's already been doing that and I have no real criticism there.

The biggest benefit for me as FA Officer would be more proven experience. My experience is quite limited, and I know I have a bit of a dodgy reputation when it comes to Foreign Affairs but I am capable of shutting up on the NS forums and proving that not everything I touch sets on fire.

Other Portfolios
For Outreach and Outreach adjacent, I am capable of rewriting dispatches, which I believe hasn't really happened so far, I'm also capable of clicking the suppression button but I'd be lying if I said my preference wasn't with the above two portfolios.

Similarly with WA/anything adjacent, I'm capable of putting up threads and just doing grunt work, hell I maintain a 21 sheet google sheets workbook for Ikariam and have branched out to maintaining sheets for other games I play. I just don't really wanna do that.

Activity
I have exams at the end of may and coursework hand in about a month before, so may go through periods of reduced activity. But, I am hoping to appoint an enthusiastic deputy who's able to take over to a reasonable degree, and have a couple of staffers who are up of their own free will to run stuff.

Happy to answer any questions, queries, or anything else beginning with the letter q.
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup
Dimetrodon Empire

Re: BowShot 4 Officer Again Woo!

Post by Dimetrodon Empire »

You had a real physical flag of TRR made? Neat.
Altasund
Nation: Altasund
Discord: Felicity#6544

Post by Altasund »

FO: Which of our allies will you backstab first, and which of our enemies do you most want to be friends with?
Non scribatur.
BowShot118
Nation: Toerana
Discord: BowShot118#4586

Post by BowShot118 »

Altasund wrote:
04 Apr 2024, 20:51
FO: Which of our allies will you backstab first, and which of our enemies do you most want to be friends with?
"The League and the League"
"In a world of Trumps, Le Pens and Putins, we are very firmly on exactly the other side."
- Vince Cable -
Officer of Offsite Culture
Citizen since April 2019
#BreadCoup

Return to “Campaigns”